five

I sighed with relief when the bell rang at the end of 8th period, which meant I finally got to go to Liam's class. I was anxious and eager to get to math the whole day; it didn't help that it was my last period.

As always, I was the first one in the room.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Payne" I greeted, taking my seat. He turned around from the board and gave me a big smile.

"Hi Joelle. How are you today?" He asked.

"I'm good, thanks. Is it alright if I talk to you after class? I need help on something" I asked, trying to hold back my giggle. We both knew it was about my underwear.

"Of course" Liam grinned. The rest of the girls filed in and made their greetings, some obvious about their crush, others more nonchalant. But as usual, the most obvious was Kelsey.

Her annoying voice screeched upon entering the classroom, "Hi Mr. Payne! That color look so good on you"

"Thank you, Kelsey" Liam chuckled, while taking a quick glance at me. I smirked because he was finally realizing how obsessed his students were.

My classmates and I settled into our seats and waited for class to begin.

"Hello everyone, how was your weekend?" Our teacher asked, hopping onto his desk. I never understood why he has a chair if he rarely uses it.

Not to my surprise, Kelsey's hand shot up immediately, "Mine was good, Mr. Payne! I went shopping and bought a new bra. See!" Annie, Brooke, and I scoffed when she moved her shirt to the side to reveal her hot pink bra strap.

"Oh, um, that's nice" Liam stuttered. I chuckled at the uncomfortable expression on his face as he tried to change the subject, "Would anyone else like to share? Joelle? How about you?"

Annie and Brooke smirked at me when my eyes widened. I could tell Liam was trying to hold back a laugh, so I decided to fire back, "It was good. I went to McDonalds and watched a lot of Friends"
A smile spread across his face when I brought up some events from our weekend, "That sounds nice. Friends is my favorite show "

"Mine too!" Kelsey cheered. I rolled my eyes at her, causing Liam to chuckle. 

"Alright class, time to start some graphing!" Liam announced, going up to the board. He wrote r•cosθ=4 with the dry erase marker then turned around to face us, "Does anyone know how to solve this?"

One of Kelsey's minions, Riley, shouted from the back of the class, "I do!"

Liam called her up so she could show the class how to solve it. On purpose, she dropped the marker when Liam handed it to her. She giggled, "Oopsies!" and bent down to get it. Her skirt flipped over as she reached for the floor, showing off her underwear to our teacher. Liam's eyes immediately darted to the ceiling when he realized what she was doing. When she finally returned back up she smirked, "Nevermind, I forgot how to do it"

I glanced at Brooke and Annie and they were just as disgusted as I was. It was unbelievable how desperate some girls were.

Liam cleared his throat, "Um, does anyone else know how to solve this?"

After a few moments of silence, I spoke up. Liam sighed with relief and gladly handed the marker to me. I explained the problem to the class as I marked the board, "'r•cosθ' equals 'x', which means that the equation can be simplified to x=4. So, the graph is just a vertical line where x is always 4"

Liam smiled, "Very good, Ms. Taylor. Take a seat"

The rest of the class went as every other: Liam teaching as my obnoxious classmates practically threw themselves at him. I was relieved when the bell rang, meaning that the day was over.