Chaper 1: Grace

What Happens in the Woods, Stays in the Woods.

Chapter 1

"Wake up, Grace!"
My mom was waking me up.
"Mom! It's Saturday! What do you want!?"
My mom rolls her eyes and half smiling speaks to me.
"Kristin is here, she says 'the team needs you. She says it's important."
I moan and lazily get up and grab a T-Shirt and Jeans. I get dressed, you know hair, teeth, all that stuff, and look in the mirror.
I have long, dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, I am chubby and not athletic. I am 12 years old and I am not the prettiest girl in the 6th grade, but I'm not ugly.

I turn around, and start walking up the stairs. When I get to the front door I see Kristin, Jared, and Brittany standing on the front porch.
"Why so early?" I asked
"It's camp, it's been wrecked again." Kristin said.

'Camp' is short for Camp-Half blood. I know what your thinking, and no it's not the actual 'Camp-Half-blood' from Percy Jackson, but more of a copy, just...... A lot smaller.
Sometimes, our woods are 'visited' by kids and teenagers who are jealous. So they look at it first and then, wreck it.
"Ugh! Of course they did." I said.
I was starting to get tired of these idiots.
Brittany spoke,
"Well, if my cabin has been wrecked I can add some cool traps!"
She was trying to be helpful, but I wasn't happy, this was the fifth time they have wrecked it, in two months!
I liked Brittany she was kind, and beautiful. She was 14 years old, and had blond hair and light blue eyes, she was tall , skinny , and athletic just like Kristin.
Kristin was was 15 and has brown hair and light, hazel eyes, she is more athletic than a wolf on drugs, and nice.
Jared is the same age as me, 12. He has dark brown hair, and light blue eyes like Brittany, he athletic (much more than me) and plays soccer. (Everyone plays soccer except for me) I am not athletic, I don't play any sports, but I do sing.
"Ya, sure." I mumbled

"Well, we better get going. We don't have all day."
Kristin said, and we didn't, but we had a while. I don't know why she is in such a hurry. She probably has soccer practice later this afternoon, but still- my thoughts were interrupted by a loud crack.
"What was that?" Jared said.
"I don't know....., but it sounded like it came from camp!"
I screamed, I thought back to the third time those kids had wrecked it, the had brought an ax and jacked the place up like crazy, but that sounded more like a gunshot.
"I swear, if they have a gun down there....."
Jared trailed off. I decided I would bring my the old World War II knife my papaw gave me before he died.
"Well, if they do..... Hold on guys I want to be ready."
I ran back into my house and ran down the stairs to my room. I grabbed the knife out of my drawer and ran back upstairs as fast as I could.
When I got back up I was breathing heavily, remember I am not at all athletic.
"Ready to go?"
I asked when I got back outside.
"If your ready princess."
Jared said sarcastically, I rolled my eyes at him and lifted my knife. His eyes almost popped out of his head when I put it at his chest.
"I grabbed my knife so in case they did have guns, then I would be the only one of us armed. Except for Brittany who probably has four knives in her left shoe."
I glared at him, it was all I could do not to crack a smile.
"Anymore remarks?"
Kristin and Brittany almost passed out laughing. I started laughing at Jared's face. Half impressed, half thinking I was going to stab his chest.
I lifted my knife off his chest and laughed.
Between wiping the tears off my cheek I said
"Sorry, Jared, if a scared you. But you of all people should know I hate being called princess."
"Whatever..." He mumbled.
Then we ran off down the hill and into the woods, ready to face whatever we were about to encounter.

I soon realized though, we were not at all ready for what was to come.