Walking Around.

After a while of walking around, I manage to start small talk with the girl. 

"So, you said you were new here, right?" I question her, running a hand through my platinum blonde hair. 

"Uhm...yeah." Her voice trails off softly as she looks around at each classroom. 

I can't really tell what she's looking at inside, but I'm guessing it's the people in each room. I follow her eyes at look at everyone in the rooms. I can see all the different cliques scrambled around the room. We have the Emo's, the Popular's, the Jocks, and the Geeks. I don't really belong  with any group, so I'm really just, Peridot.

"Does this school have any...bullies?" I can see the pain in her eyes as she says it. 

"Oh, uh... N-no." I say fairly quickly, swinging my head to the opposite direction of where she's looking. Of course this school does, how do I know? 

Because I am one.

She sighs, and her breathing is shaky. I can see her hand slowly reach up for the back of her neck, and I can see...scars? They're small, but each one is gruesomely red. They have rings of black mixed with purple, and they seem bumpy and jagged.

She see's my eyes, and were they're positioned, Then quickly rests her arms on top of her head, covering her bare neck. She pretends to cough, and looks straight into my eyes. It's almost as if she's trying to stare daggers into me.

"S-so..." My own voice is now shaky, and I stare down at my feet. Sudenly, she stops in her tracks and I can tell that shes staring right at me.

"Peridot." Her voice seems calm, but I feel like she's about to explode with anger.

  Does she know I was staring at her neck? Did I embarrass her? Oh shit...shit, shit, shit! She's gonna hate you now! You ruined your only chance of actually having a friend Peridot! Of course you would do something like this. It's YOUR fault! Everything is YOUR fault!

"Peridot!" I suddenly snap back to reality, and I quickly jolt back up from staring down at my shoes. I focus my vision again and suddenly, I'm about 2 inches away from the girl's face. I can feel my cheeks and ears burning, and I see her face grow the same shade of pink it was when I first got introduced to the girl.

"W-we're at my classroom. I need to go in now..." Her voice is so soft and subtle, that It takes me a while to finally get what she actually told me. I walk her to the door of her classroom, and drop her off. 

"Thanks, Peri." She says, and with that, she leaves me hooked onto this smile. 

A really cute smile.

Oh no.