9 | the rescue

CHAPTER NINE
THE RESCUE

-

She was nervous, to say the least. Brianna rarely ever leaves the mansion as it is, but now she has to go to war. She doesn't even use her powers that much, but she has used them enough to know that she couldn't possibly fight with them. She heals people. How are you supposed to use that in battle?

Everything is being ripped apart in Cairo. Bits and pieces of the buildings and pyramids are swirling the air.

"He has the Professor in the center of the pyramid," Jean says suddenly. Raven whips her head around. "He's going to... transfer his consciousness into the Professor. If he does that, he'll have the power to control every mind in the world."

"What the hell is that?" Moira asks from one of the pilot's seats, looking down below.

"It's Erik," Raven answers, and Peter is out of his seat so fast that Brianna doesn't even see it coming. The silver haired boy is now standing right behind Hank, peering down to where his father is, looking a little confused.

Raven glances back at the mutant kids before forming a plan and passing it along to them, "You guys help Nightcrawler get into the pyramid." Each of them shares a glance. "Get Charles. I'll take care of Erik."

"How are we gonna get through that?" Peter asks Raven, referring to the giant circle of metal encircling Erik. "I can get you in there," he says suddenly, making up his mind. "I came here for him. Let me help you."

Raven nods. "The rest of you, get Charles on this plane and get him out of here."

"We're not leaving without you," Kurt argues.

"Don't worry," Peter assures. "We'll catch up."

"Hold on," Hank says from the pilot's seat before the plane begins to swerve before slowing and lowering to the ground.

"Hank, you go with the kids," Raven says, once they are out of the plane and on foot. Brianna tries to avoid any small chunks of metal on the ground as she tries to keep up. "Moira will be waiting on the plane."

"Wait," Scott says, stopping Hank, Raven, and Peter in their steps.

"What?"

"Not all of us can fully control our powers," he explains. Raven takes a glance at Brianna, who looks a little worried.

"Then don't," comes her answer, "You need to embrace them. We all do." Then, right in front of them, she changes from the blonde haired girl to the blue girl with yellow eyes.

Peter slides his goggles over his eyes, readying to go. At the last minute, he turns to Brianna. "Be careful." She just nods her head once and then Peter takes off, bringing Raven along with him.

The kids follow Hank through the rubble, before stopping just short of a small entrance in the side of the pyramid. "There's an entrance. It's clear," he announces. Right before another mutant, one with metal wings, comes towards them. "Kurt! Get in there!"

Kurt disappears into the pyramid. The boy sends metal knifes in their direction, which seem to have come from his wings. Jean lifts pieces of debris with her powers and stops the knives from getting to them.