okay

OKAY — JARCHIE ONESHOT

   Jughead feels more alone than ever now that he and Archie are supposedly friends again, Archie is trying he knows and it's partly Jughead's fault, but that doesn't keep him from feeling sorry for himself – he's allowed to, after all Archie was the one who wronged him.

   Not much changes, he still spends the majority of his time tucked into a booth at pop's clicking away on his laptop, alone except for on rare occasion that Archie decides to join him. Reggie and his friends still harass him relentlessly, which Archie doesn't know about of course.

   At first Archie had invited Jughead to hang out with him and his friends which he'd declined continually until the offers tapered off and eventually stopped entirely, he doesn't want to hang out with Archie's friends who obviously don't want him there.

   Jughead can't seem to type a decent sentence, he's too busy watching Archie and his aforementioned group of friends – Veronica, Betty, Kevin and Reggie who he seems to have forgiven.

  Archie and Jughead lock eyes and Archie smiles at him, a little sad and a little hopeful. He looks down.

***

   "Are you doing okay?" Archie's concerned voice questions Jughead, he looks up at his friend who's sat down in the booth across from him. It's a loaded question.

   "Fine" he answers, unconvincingly. He shuts his laptop and slides it into his bag, preparing to leave. Archie grabs his arm and looks up at him with pleading eyes.

  "C'mon Jug" Archie's  eyes brimming with hurt make it impossible for Jughead to leave. He sighs and hesitates a moment before sitting back down, Archie smiles "If there's something– anything wrong you can tell me, you know that right?"

   "Of course, Archie" He lies "Believe me everything is fine" Archie lookes skeptical, but drops the matter.

   "Alright" he surrenders "Just know I'm always here" Jughead has to restrain himself from spitting back 'since when'.

***

  "Hey there, vampire" Reggie sneers at Jughead, propped on one arm against the locker next to Jughead. He sighs, he's not in the mood to deal with Reggie's antics. Jughead slams his locker shut and tries to dodge Reggie, but he steps in front of him, blocking his way.

  "Leave me alone Reggie, I'm not in the mood" he says, Reggie's lips quirk into a cruel half smile.

   "What's the matter?" He says, his tone dripping with mock sympathy "Upset no one likes you? That even Archie abandoned you?" He sings, continuing to block Jughead's path "Its your fault, you know. Maybe if you're weren't such a fucking weirdo"

   "At least I'm not like you" Jughead scoffs "A brainless, drooling moron who picks on other people just because he likes to think he's power-" he's cut off by Reggie's fist colliding with his cheek. Pain explodes right under his left eye and he doubles over "Shit" Jughead curses

  "Don't you fucking talk to me that way" Reggie spits

***

  "Who did that to you" it's Archie, Jughead knew that Archie would have to see the ugly currant colored bruise he was sporting eventually and he's been dreading it since Reggie gave it to him.