chapter one - "riverdale"

"Our story is about a town; a small town and the people who live in the town. From a distance. it presents itself like so many other small towns all over the world....safe, decent, innocent. Get closer though and you start seeing the shadow underneath."

"The name of our town is "Riverdale."

-

-

Astrid Andrews || June 30, 2016

"Astrid please wake up! Dad is out and we need to buy our gear for our road trip with Jug." Archies' voice spoke waking me from my slumber or what most girls would refer as "Beauty Sleep". 

I moaned when Archie tugged at my arms, pulling me up having me sit face to face with him "Astrid, please! We can go get burgers at Pop's after we finish buying our things." The prominent frown on my face became a smile. "Lets' go Astrid, Jug is down stairs." He said getting off my bed and walking out my room. 

I walked over to my closet putting on a pair of dark jeans and leaving on the top I slept with. I put on some deodorant and shut off the air conditioner. 

I opened my bedroom door and into the bathroom. "Astrid hurry up! You're taking an eternity to get ready." Archies' voice boomed through the walls of our two story home. 

I walked out of the bathroom after having done my necessities grabbing onto the railing and walking down the stairs.

"Morning Astrid." Jugheads' voice rang through my ears, a smile formed onto my face. 

"Morning Juggie, I'm super excited for this road trip, this is gonna be the most exciting thing that has happened this summer." I smiled earning a smile back from Jughead.

"Look Bettys' outside, I'll go say "hi" while you guys do your manly stuff." I said opening the door, smiling to my twin brother and best friend.

I walked down the pathway from our front entrance to the sidewalk where Betty sat on her grass, her nose stuck in a book that was assigned for the sophomores to read this summer.

"Betty, you have the entire summer, stop reading." I said, Bettys' face looked up and smiled at me. 

She laughed, "Ast, If I want to have the greatest summer ever, I need to finish this book today." She said closing the book of the summer which happened to be a copy of National Citys' Mysterious Death Case of Ferryn Drake.

Ferryn Drakes' murder was classified as a accidental death; she fell into National Citys' dock because of how she placed her foot.

Ferryn Drakes' body was never found, and hasn't been found till this day. 

"How about you join, Arch, Juggie, and I for some burgers at Pops'?" I smiled 

"I'd love to join, I'll go grab my bag." She smiled getting up from her spot on the grass and running into her home. 

"Astrid I have to go, Coach wants to see me, Something about football. I gave Jug some money for Pops', I'll see you at dinner." Archie said his green backpack that was slung off his shoulders. 

"Bye, Arch." I softly said and he proceeded to walk down east of our home. 

A/N YOU GUYS ARE SERIOUSLY AMAZING! THANK YOU SO MCUH FOR READING! LOVE YOU GUYS! MORE TO COME BEFORE JASON BLOSSOM GOES MISSING!