Chapter 3

Naomi pulled her car up to an empty spot in front of A.E. & Associates. She peeked through her windshield at the large building and was impressed. The steel-glass building stood stories high and looked every bit of what New York City architecture was. This was certainly much classier than her own office building.

She felt the bundle of nerves in her stomach as she glanced over the bold, black lettering of the awning. Over the years, she had met with big company figures much more intimidating and much more demanding than what the partners of the law firm were asking for but, she couldn't help but feel anxious. She didn't know what to expect. Her phone vibrated in her messenger bag next to her and she peeled her gaze away from the building to reach for it. Seeing it was Jazzy, she quickly picked up. "Hey, Jazzy."

"Are you there yet?" Jazzy asked with too much excitement for a Monday morning.

"Yea. I just pulled up," she replied as she killed the engine, "How's everything going over there?"

"Pretty well. The shipment of tablecloths that you ordered for the St. James wedding arrived and all we have left are the center pieces."

"Good," Naomi said with a sigh of relief. With July just around the corner they would be receiving new shipment of supplies a lot more than usual. With so many weddings and other events to plan for the summer season it was easy to mix up the orders but, luckily, she had Jazzy, her administrative assistant, who was able to sort out any mishaps before they became a major problem.

"Don't worry, Nay, I have everything handled," Jazzy said, laughing. "You just worry about how you're going to deliver your ideas to those partners."

Naomi drew in a shaky breath through her lips, glancing over at the building once more. If only her friend knew just how much she was worrying. After a few more minutes on the phone, rehashing over the details of their weekend spent together, Naomi hung up. A quick look at the time indicated that she was fifteen minutes early. She didn't want to ruin her chances in impressing her new employers. If the firm had selected Marked Impressions to organize their mixer, as opposed to Project Planning, then she was determined to deliver great service. Any way, any how.

With a deep breath, she grabbed her messenger bag and slung it over her shoulder. She walked the short distance to the entrance in her red stilettos, with her chin raised, ignoring the blaring sun beaming through the thin material of her white, silk blouse. The moment she stepped through the revolving doors her jaw dropped.

The lobby was absolutely beautiful. Every glimpse she caught stole her breath away. Saying that she was impressed was an understatement. The room was so large and grand she could probably fit her entire apartment five times across and five times high. The decor was as sleek and modern as the exterior with marble floors and sky-high ceilings. She admired the sparkling chandelier that hung right above the round fountain pool in the center of the room.

"Ms. Marks?"

Naomi's attention snapped toward the tall woman approaching her with a smile. She had been so entranced at the sight before her that she hadn't noticed when the younger woman emerged from the bank of elevators at the far left of the room. Naomi gave her a returning smile, taking notice that the woman was stunningly beautiful. With her long, dark hair and fair, white skin tanned she looked like a model. Though, her business suit and short heels made her fit in with the professional setting of the firm.

"Yes," Naomi said as she shook the hand that was offered, "I'm Naomi Marks from Marked Impressions."

The woman's hazel eyes lit up as she smiled. "I'm April Weston. My boss asked me to meet you down here to escort you to the conference room. Seeing that you're here early, you can follow me." Naomi nodded as she followed April into an awaiting elevator. As they ascended toward the top floor, her feeling of anxiousness was eased when April further said, "My boss is eager to meet you. He can't wait to get started on organizing the event."