Once Upon a Time...

In a faraway land, long ago, lived a King and his fair Queen. Many years had they longed for a child. And finally, their wish was granted. A daughter was born. And they called her, Karla.

Then, a great holiday was proclaimed throughout the kingdom so that all of high or low estate, might pay homage to the infant Princess.

And our story begins, on that most joyful day...

Joyfully now to our princess we come,
Bringing gifts and all good wishes too.
We pledge our loyalty anew.
Hail to the princess Karla!
All of her subjects adore her!
Hail to the King!
Hail to the Queen!
Hail to the princess Karla!

Health to the princess,
Wealth to the princess,
Long live the princess Karla!
Hail Karla!
Hail Karla!

Health to the princess,
Wealth to the princess,
Long live the princess Karla!

Hail to the King!
Hail to the Queen!
Hail to the princess Karla!

Thus on this great and joyous day did all the kingdom celebrate the long awaited royal birth. And good King Alejandro and his Queen Sinhue made welcome their life long friend.

Every resident of the kingdom was invited to a royal celebration for the infant Princess, Karla.

The neighboring kingdom's king and young princess were also in attendance. King Alejandro and Queen Sinhue sat upon their thrones in the great hall. Their blessed daughter, Princess Karla, rested in her cradle. A man, around the same age as Alejandro, and a young girl, looked to be around the age of five, approached the royal couple.

"Their royal highnesses, King Michael and princess Lauren,"

Fondly had these monarchs dreamed one day their kingdoms to unite. Thus today would they announce that Lauren, Michael's daughter and heir to Alejandro's child would be betrothed. And so to her her gift she brought, and looked, unknowing, on her future bride.

Sinhue leads Lauren over to the cradle, to which she peeked in, scrunching her nose ever so slightly in displeasure. So there was a baby. So what. Big whoop. This was her great surprise her father promised her? Hmph. A new dollhouse would be more like it.

Karla was sleeping peacefully, oblivious to the celebration going on around her that was being held in her honor. As the two fathers/kings took in the sight, both thought of the same thing, the same destiny.

"The most honored and exalted excellencies, the Three Good Fairies!" the herald calls joyfully. "Mistress Ally, Mistress Dinah, and Mistress Normani."

Out of the rays of sunlight appear the three fairies. They angelically float down from the high ceilings and land ever so gracefully on the ground.

The three float excitedly to the cradle, crowding around it and beaming at the sleeping child inside, cooing happily. Just by the looking at them, one would feel the warmth and kindness radiating from them.

"Oh, the little darling," Ally sighs blissfully while her two companions nodded along in agreement. The three fairies continue their way to the King and Queen.

"Your majesties." the greet in unison as they each bobbed a curtsey with beaming and gentle smiles.

"Each of us the child may bless with a single gift. No more, no less." Ally, the smallest fairy, donned in red, announces, once again approaching the cradle. "Little Princess, my gift shall be the gift of beauty. Lips that shame the red, red rose and hair black as ebony. Putting to shame all of the other beautiful sights of the kingdom."

"Tiny Princess, my gift shall be the gift of song." Normani, the darker fairy, shimmering in green, proclaims brightly. "A beautiful melody in everything you say. You voice will carry out across the kingdom, putting to shame the most beautiful songs bird do sing."

"Sweet Princess." Dinah, the beautiful blonde fairy, wrapped in blue silk greets. "My gift shall be..."

Alas, before Dinah has the chance to announce what her gift was, a sudden burst of lightening and thunder blows through the great hall. A ball of bright green light appears in the center of the room before it begins to form into a tall, evil looking woman. She was dressed in all black and with the top of her cloak shaped to look like horns resting on top of her head. The once excited crowd watches in horror as a black raven flies down and perches on her shoulder.

"It's Maleficent!" Normani gasps in horror, eyes widening.

"What does she want here?" Dinah demands with a deep scowl etched on her beautiful face.

"Quite a glittering assemblage, King Alejandro." the evil witch remarks, taking in all the guests. "I was quite distressed at not receiving an invitation."

"You weren't wanted." Dinah snaps in anger, eyes narrowing at the tall witch. If she noticed the warning glance Ally shoots her way, she doesn't acknowledge it.

"Not want? Well, if my presence is not welcomed here, then I best be on my way."

"And your're not offended, your Excellency?" Sinhue asks warily after a stunned silence.

"Why no, Your Grace." Maleficent states, lip curling into a smirk ever so slightly. "And to show no ill will, I too shall bestwo a gift on the child."

Upon hearing this, the three good fairies jump out of their statue like stance. They move and stand between the evil witch and the cradle. Princess Karla was still sleeping innocently, not knowing what possible danger lay before her.

"Listen well, all of you!" Malficent demands of the whole great hall, who had become feared into silence. "The princess, shall indeed, grow in grace and in beauty, beloved by those who know her. But, before the sun sets on her eighteenth birthday, she shall prick her finger on the spindle of the spinning wheel and die!"

"No!" Sinhue cries, picking up her only child as the image of her daughter's fate displayed before her, making the witch cackle with cruel glee.

"Seize that creature!" Alejandro orders his guards, moving to stand protectively in front of his family.

"Stand back, Fools!" Malficent orders as she once again becomes a ball of flame.

Everyone watches in amazed horror as the evil witch disappears with a flash of lightning and a crack of thunder.

Michael shields his daughter from the sight while Sinhue turns her newborn away from it. Soon, all that is left is her pet raven as he flies out to rejoin his mistress. The king holds onto his queen as close as he can while she clutches to their daughter.

"Do not worry, Alejandro." Michael comforts his friend. "My army will join yours and together they will hunt down and destroy her evilness."

"Do not despair your majesties." Ally comments gently. "Dinah still has her gift to give."

"Then she can undo this fearful curse?" Alejandro asks hopefully.

Dinah hesitates, answering sadly, "No, Sire."

"Maleficent's powers are too powereful, even with all of ours put together." Ally adds regretfully.

"But she can help." Normani adds as she and Ally gently push the blue fairy forward. "Just do your best, Dear."

"Yes, go on." Ally urges.

After a moments hesitation, Dinah floats toward the cradle and looks down at the sleeping infant princess. "Sweet Princess, if through this wicked witch's trick, a spindle should your finger prick, a ray of hope there still may be in this, this gift I give to thee. Not in death, but just in sleep, this fateful prophecy you'll keep." Dinah says. "And from this slumber you shall wake, from true love's kiss, the spell shall break. For true love conquers all."

But despite all of Dinah's help, Alejandro was still fearful for his daughter's life. He ordered that all the spinning wheels in the kingdom be gathered and brought to the courtyard. There they were burned, by order of the king.