the end

Lauren quickly followed the fairies up the stairwell to escape the dungeon. Just as they reached the top, the raven appeared but this time, he brought ghouls and goblins with him. The two groups of foes almost ran head first into each other, but Lauren thought quick and leapt out the window. Carefully but quickly she descended the side of the castle to reach the dead courtyard where Samson was being held. Dinah had flown ahead to cut through the single link of chain holding the loyal stallion to a rock. By the time Lauren and Ally and Normani arrived, all Lauren had to do was jump onto Samson.

"Look out!" Normani called.

Lauren turned around and saw several goons up along the edge of the castle. They all aimed their bows and arrows at the princess. Lauren lifted his shield to block as much as he could. Normani and Dinah quickly hid behind the shield while Ally lifted her wand. With her magic she changed the arrows coming at them to flowers. Lauren looked up as he felt the soft petals hit his shield. Once he was sure it was safe again, he turned and mounted Samson. He followed the fairies as they led the way out of the courtyard.

"Lauren!" Ally called. "Watch out!"

Lauren looked up and saw more ghouls as they tipped a cauldron of boiling hot tar over the palace edge hoping to capture the prince. Ally raised her wand and blocked the black bubbling liquid by a beautiful rainbow. While all of this was going on, the raven was cawing trying to get his mistress' attention. Dinah noticed this and took off after it to silence him for good. The raven saw her coming towards him and a chase ensued. They flew right up to Maleficent's tower. The raven started to fly around it, but Dinah ducked behind a stone, waiting for the raven to round the corner. The raven did not even see it coming. Just as he sat down along the edge to caw once again to alert Maleficent, Dinah attacked. With a wave of her wand, the raven was now a statue in his mistress' balcony. Dinah smirked proudly and flew off to join the others.

"Silence!" Maleficent thundered as she stepped out of her chambers, quickly glancing at her pet. "You! Tell them...No!" Maleficent saw that her raven was now a statue and then quickly glanced to see Lauren making her escape.

Lauren was exiting the courtyard as she followed the three fairies. Maleficent began to climb up to the top of her tower. From there, she had the perfect view of all of the kingdom. She raised her hand and threw a lightning bolt to her drawbridge. The last section was completely desflurane just as Samson galloped onto it.

"Watch out, Lauren!" Normani cried.

Ally, Normani, and Dinah all used their wands to help the young woman and her horse land safely on the other side of the drawbridge. Lauren carefully rode Samson as they made their way down the side of the mountain to continue on their quest. Maleficent gasped when she saw that she had survived. She raised her staff and a storm brewed above her head.

"Forest of thorns shall be his tomb! Borne through the skies on a fog of doom! Now go with the curse and serve me well! 'Round Alejandro's Castle, cast my spell!" Maleficent commanded.

The storm brewing over her head traveled over to Alejandro's castle. Lightning lit all around the castle and thorns began grow all the way around the palace. Maleficent cackled when she saw her spell take form thinking that she had indeed gained control by of the situation again. Lauren saw this but still pushed forward. She used her sword to cut through the branches. The fairies helped when her clothing got caught on the thorns. Lauren looked up at the tower that held her sleeping princess, determined to get up to her, no matter the cost. With every thrust of her sword, more of the thorns were cut away and she was getting too close to the castle for Maleficent's comfort.

"NO!" she cried in anger and disbelief. "It cannot be!"

She used all of her powers to turn herself into a whirling collection of magic. She flew to Alejandro's palace right in front of Lauren. Lauren pulled on the reins to stop the shocked Samson. Maleficent cackled at the princess.

"Now you shall deal with me, O Princess, and all the powers of hell!"

There was a sudden bolt of lightning and a crack of thunder. Maleficent began to grow in height, disappearing into the clouds. When Lauren saw her face again, she was shocked to see she had transformed herself into a fire breathing dragon. Her eyes gleamed an eerie yellow and her fangs hung out her mouth sharp enough to cut through rock. Lauren regained her ground and began to charge towards the evil dragon. Maleficent breathed a ball of fire at her. Lauren blocked herself with her shield, but the fire's power was strong enough to knock her off of Samson's back and onto the ground. The princess quickly moved to go hide herself to get something between her and the dragon. Maleficent's head rounded a corner and Lauren tried to stab with her sword but the skin was too thick. The dragon was surprised and caught off guard but quickly began to snap her jaws at the young woman, hoping to just bite her in half.

Soon, the battle was moving the edge of a cliff. Lauren never backed down, even when she got right to the edge. Maleficent took a deep breath and breathed another fireball at the woman. Lauren quickly tried to shield herself with her shield. The power of the fire caused her to lose her grip and it fell off the edge of the cliff after the fire had died away. Lauren knew that she was now without her shield and therefore, without protection. Maleficent cackled with joy enjoying the final moments before her victory.

"Thou Sword of Truth fly swift and sure, that evil die and good endure." Ally proclaimed as she flew by the sword Lauren now held.

Maleficent reared back ready to bring her battle to an end by snapping the princess in two. Lauren quickly threw her sword and stabbing Maleficent right in the heart. The evil witch let out a cry of pain and horror. She snapped her jaw one more time, in hoping to take the princess with her as she fell. Lauren jumped back before the falling dragon could land on her. The cliff began to crumble as the weight of the dragon was too much.

Once it was safe, Lauren looked over the edge. Maleficent was no longer a dragon, but once again in her human form. Her sword stood straight up from her body. Samson and the fairies approached her. Lauren stood up all the way and took Samson's reins and smiled softly, giving him a light kiss on his head, letting him know that she was alright. She then looked up and at Alejandro's castle. The forest of thorns began to disappear just as the sun began to rise into the sky. Everything was as it should be. Except for one more thing.

Lauren followed the fairies as they wandered into the palace. She looked around at all the sleeping townspeople, members of the courts and the palace guards, having slept all the way through, had no idea of what she had just gone through. Ally, Normani and Dinah led her up to the highest tower.

There, on the bed, was the sleeping beauty she had fallen in love with.

Ally, Normani and Dinah watched as she approached the young woman. Lauren knelt down beside the bed and looked at the sleeping princess. She took a deep breath and leaned forward to her.

Their lips met for the first time and only for a moment. Lauren pulled back and almost immediately, the color began to return to the princess. Camila's eyes fluttered opened.

She looked at the young woman for a moment, trying to remember what had happened. Once she had regained her focus on the emerald eyes before her, she smiled, recognizing that this was her young woman.

Lauren smiled and leaned down again and pressed their lips together again, this time, they stayed that way for much longer.

The three fairies celebrated among themselves silently, happy to have their Sleeping Beauty back with them once again. But now, they had much to explain to the couple and had to get them ready for their celebration.