-Chapter 1-

Notes- Okay, welcome to this... Thing that I wrote... One night because I had a random thought and I just started typing it so... This was the outcome of it. WARNING!!!!!! IF Y'ALL DON'T LIKE GAY GUYS, THEN I SUGGEST TURNING BACK NOW BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THIS IS GONNA TURN INTO! I HAVE A THING FOR GAYS BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY! THEY'RE SO CUTE! I WILL AUTOMATICALLY CONSIDER YOU MY FRIEND IF YOU'RE GAY! JUST SAYING! And I wrote this on Sunday the day after I got back from a competition so... I was sleeping all day Sunday. Then I couldn't go back to sleep until about 2:30 Monday morning so this is the reason why cx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Riley, and up until my sophomore year in high school, it was like I was invisible to everyone around me. Hell, the only time people noticed me was when I was in their way, and even then, they only told me to move out of their way. When I first moved to this town and found out that I was going to be in a different school, I was happy. No one at my previous school noticed me either, and like I said before, it was as if I was invisible.

The first person to say something other than 'Move' or 'Loser' or anything in between was a junior named Jakob. When he approached me, my first instinct was to move out of his line of movement, as I thought he was going to pass me. When he stopped next to me, I started to walk away because I thought he was going to hurt me, just like others had done.

"Hey, come back!" I heard a light shout come from behind me, and I stopped in my tracks.

The words sounded kind, like nothing I had ever heard before. They had no hint of sarcasm or intent to harm me in any way.

I turned my head slowly, just enough to see Jakob out of the corner of my eye. He was looking at me. He seemed to be waiting for me to return to my previous position in front of him, but I was scared to go back. It was just a natural reflex to be cautious around everyone and everything, even since I was a young boy.

I turned around completely, facing him before walking towards my original spot near the benches in the hallway, walking slowly to study him for any signs of false intentions in his eyes, but there were none.

At least... None that I could see.

I stopped in front of him, looking down at the floor and refusing to make eye contact with him. He seemed to be trying to look at me, but since I was keeping my face down low, it was difficult for him to do so.

"Hey, do you think it would be alright for you to look at me?" Jakob asked, but I shook my head in denial, lowering my head even more, if even possible.

"I don't want anything to do with you, so please... Just leave me alone. I don't want any more trouble..." I said, just quiet enough for only him to hear.