Part 4: The run in with Draco Malfoy

Madilyn's P.O.V

I followed professor Snape to his office. When we were there he gave me a blue liquid. 'This, Miss Mcgonagall, is Wolfsbane. The effect of it is that when you transform you don't lose your mind, so that you can't hurt anyone.' That was a good sign, I can't hurt anyone. 'Thank you so much professor. If you ever need me something to do, then you can ask.' He frowned, it seemed like he was thinking something. After a minute he spoke. 'Could you keep an eye on Quirrel? I don't trust him.' I nodded. 'Ofcourse sir, but I don't quiet understand. What do you mean by " I don't trust him"? In wich way don't you trust him, sir?' He looked confused that I woud come up with that idea to ask. 'Just if you see him doing something strange, then tell me. And don't worry, your secret is save by me. I knew someone from when I was young who was the same as you... But I didn't like him.' I nodded. 'Thanks sir.' He smiled weakly. Wow! Professor SNAPE smiled at me. I think he thinks that I am a good student. Hehe... I am the best friend of Fred and George, don't expect me t don't mess with anyone. I may be a Ravenclaw, but the hat also considered me to be put in Gryffindor. I love pranking, and I know how weirds this sounds, but I love studying and learning to. I have read all the school books four times, so I know a lot about everything already. Even when I was eight I knew a few spells, I used to look into aunt Minerva's books. I sometimes helped her correct some test the students got. Professor Snape broke my thought. 'you can drink that by dinner. Do it in your cup together with pumpkin juice or anything else you want to drink. You can go.' I walked to the door. 'Yes sir.' And left his office. Professor Snape isn't that bad after all. I heard from Fred and George that he always gives them attention and never punished students from Slytherin, but besides that I think that he is a good teacher. On the corrided I bumped into Draco Malfoy. 'Euhm sorry... I didn't mean to...' He stood up, looking cross. 'You better not do that again mudblood. You're that friend of the two Weasleys aren't you?' I stood up. 'Yes, so what?' I didn't let him see that I was hurt when he called me a mudblood, but I am hurt. I can't help that I am a halfblood. 'You better not make friends with the wrong kind of wizards. What about you come along with us.' I glared at him. Not a minute ago he called me a mudblood and he insulted my friends, and now he wants to be friends with me. No way. 'Sorry, I am happy with the friends I have now. Are you sure you want to be friends with a halfblood? What would daddy say about that?' I was challenging his nerves right now. No one insut my friends. 'You mudblood!' He pulled out his want, but before he could do anything professor Flitwick walked over to us. 'What is happening here?' He asked. It is only the first day and I like him. 'Malfoy called me a mudblood and insulted my friends.' Technically I didn't insult him so he can't say anything about that. 'Mr. Malfoy, is this true?' Draco muttered a yes. 'Detention tomorrow and two points taken of Slytherin. You never call someone that and you don't insult anyone.' Then professor Snape walked to us. 'What is happening here?' He glared at Draco because he knew he did something. 'Mr. Malfoy called Miss. Mcgonagall a mudblood and insulted her friends.' Now professor Snape looked cross. 'Ten points taken from Slytherin.' Everyone looked suprised when he said that. Even professor Flitwick looked suprised. I guess professor Snape really likes me. 'I'll be going then. Be in time for class Miss. Mcgonagall.' I still looked suprised. 'Yes sir.' He then walked away. 'Miss Mcgonagall, can I talk to you for a moment?' I nodded. 'Ofcourse professor.' I followed him to his office. 'Are you okay? Professor Mcgonagall told me what happened at home this summer and about... Your condition.' I yawned as he said that. He laughed. 'Sorry, I couldn't sleep so I made homework. And Yes, I am Ok. But it still hurts me tho. I can't help it that my dad was afraid of me because I am a witch and he is a muggle...' He put a hand on my shoulder, that he could nearly reach. 'If You ever need to talk, I am there for You.' He motioned towards the door and I walked out of his Office. I saw that I had ten minutes left before classes and looked at my timetable. Charms with professor Flitwick and Then transfiguration with professor McGonagall. Nice. I decided to go to George and Fred and talk to them. I saw them near me, But they didn't see me. I decided to scare Fred. Why Fred? Because he laughed with us this morning. I jumped on his back, causing him to fall. 'Payback for this morning!' George grinned. Fred glared at me and George. I got of his back and helped him up. 'Where were You?' George asked. I started sweating. 'Just walking around the school. I ran into Malfoy. He called me a mudblood and professors Flitwick gave him detention and took 2 points of Slytherin and Snape took 10 points from Slytherin.' They looked shocked. 'Malfoy called You something like that?! The git!' George looked furious. Fred did to, But not as much as George. 'We are so gonna prank him! He Will feel What he get for calling You a mudblood!' Fred Said. I sighed and looked at the clock. 'We have to go to classes. See You Guys later.' I Said and took of. I don't want them to get into trouble because of stupid Malfoy. I walked to charms class and sat down at a Seat in front of the class. I was the first who arrived. Not much later Hermione came in and sat down in the Seat next to me. Yes! It is with Gryffindor! 'Hey Hermione!' She smiled. 'Hey! Are You excited?' I nodded. 'Ofcourse I am!' And Then the rest arrived and we started the lesson.