The Beginning continued

16 hours later

Mom I'm hungry can we stop by an IHOP? " I asked. We sure can sweetie, replied her mom.
Mom , I'm excited about going to VCU my friend Alexis will be going there too, I said in pure excitement. Wait Alexis from down the street you guys have been friends since you were both little kids , says Valerie's mom. They both pull up to the IHOP parking lot and exit the Blue Honda Civic. They walk into IHOP and sit at a table . So Valerie what made you choose VCU as your choice for college, asks her mom . I have always loved Virginia and the colleges are beautiful, the atmosphere is amazing and there is just a connection I get whenever I come here, I can't wait to start I'm excited, I screamed out . Valerie here are our pancakes, says her mom. So Valerie, I hear you met a guy earlier this month. Where is he from and whats his name? asks her mom. His name is Johnny, he is from Virginia and he goes to VCU, I explained . Ohh really thats nice but I haven't gotten the chance to meet him and I have a really bad vibe about this Johnny kid Val , says her mom. Don't worry mom you will meet him, says Valerie . Valerie you know you will always be my buttercup, says Valerie's mom. That's kinda embarrassing mom, says Valerie. Hey Valerie girl is that you, screams out a girl. Valerie looks and smiles Alexis your here too , says Valerie.They both give each other a hug . What are you doing here? asks Alexis . I'm here with my mom and I have some of my college stuff in the car for VCU, explains Valerie. Hey Valerie's mom, how is everything ? asks Alexis . Everything is going well, says her mom . How is everything going with you Alexis ? asks Valerie's mom . Its going good, I cant wait until I go to VCU and play soccer I'm excited, explains Alexis. I remember when you and Val were just kids playing in the front yard now you two are going off to college you two have grown up so much , says Valerie's mom . Valerie I will see you at VCU later on, says Alexis. Wait where are you going so fast, says Valerie. I have to take care of something really quick it won't be long , says Alexis . Wait, Alexis is your mom gonna be there? asks Valerie. Yeah she is Valerie, says Alexis.