ch.2 - valentine's special

"(Y/N)~" A voice sang from beside you. You stirred slightly and groaned at the sudden intrusion, flipping over onto the opposite side of the bed.

"(Y/N)." The voice called again, growing steadily impatient. A warm finger dug into the skin on your cheek repeatedly and you sighed, irritated. You forced yourself into a sitting position and blinked wearily.

"I'm up, so stop poking m—" Your words were cut off as the satin curtains were abruptly ripped open, exposing your tired eyes to the bright sunlight.

A startled shriek escaped your lips and you shielded your (E/C) orbs, left in temporary darkness.

The bed dipped beside you and after your eyes had adjusted to the blindingly bright light, you whipped around and glared at the culprit.

Alois scrutinized you with soft eyes, amusement lingering in the bright pools. He wore a nonchalant mask but you could tell his excitement was seeping through the cracks.

"What?" You snapped huskily, gritting your teeth to suppress a string of unladylike curse words spewing out of your mouth.

His pale lips raised at one corner before he flopped onto the bed in anguish, glancing over at you with slight disappointment. "You don't know what today is?"

"I hardly care." Came your curt and utterly irked reply.

"So cold~" Alois whined before a large smile stretched across his features. He abruptly bolted forward and threw open his arms dramatically. "It's Valentine's Day!"

"That's nice." You hummed sleepily, your attention drifting elsewhere as you crawled out of bed. The dispirited boy's eyes drooped sullenly. He gripped your nightgown and pulled you back softly, wincing as a grunt of animosity arose from your chest.

He felt upset and disheartened. For the entire week, he had been faffing about aimlessly, asking around for the perfect valentine's gift. Yet here you were, incensed at the mere mention of the holiday.

Alois pushed away his unhappiness and tore open the bag in his hands gently. Your eyes slowly turned to meet his own, curious at the object he had presented to you in the palm of his hand.

It was a simple milk chocolate square with white chocolate drizzled atop in the form of a neat zigzag.

This piqued your interest. You liked chocolate. A lot.

He needn't explain what it was as you had already pieced it together. This was his Valentine's gift to you, and to say that you weren't pleased would be a lie.

"Say 'ah'~" He hummed happily, holding the tasty looking square to your lips.

You smiled at his cheerful face, giddy at the fact that he had been so thoughtful. You tentatively opened your mouth.

Alois' pale eyes lit up and he made quick haste in shoving the small treat in your mouth.

You bit down on it eagerly and your jaw went slack at the burst of flavour in your mouth.

"You like them?" Alois asked curiously, excitement dancing in his eyes. "I made them myself."

You could tell that much. The chocolates, though decently presented, tasted absolutely disgusting.

A wobbly smile spread across your lips, muffled noises of distaste escaping your lips when you tried your hardest to swallow it.

Alois' smile dampened. The pained look on your face concerned him. Were they really that bad?

Curious, he lifted one to his mouth. After a few tentative bites, he spat the mushy half-eaten chocolate all over your duvet.

Sparing a disgusted glance at the food on your bed, you frowned and returned your gaze to Alois.

He looked incredibly dejected and guilt swelled in the bottom of your stomach.

You involuntarily reached over and gently snatched the bag from his hands. Alois snapped his eyes up to your face, confused.

"(Y/N)—" He gushed immediately, but you were already eating the remaining 'treats' with an excellent poker face. When the bag was finally empty, you grabbed the jug of water beside you and downed it in one sitting.

Alois smiled softly to himself at your attempt to cheer him up. He reached over and wrapped his arms around you, a soft expression on his face.

He took back that feeling of dejection. The mere fact that he could spend such a holiday with you was more than enough.

"Stupid." He whispered and pressed his lips lightly to yours. As he pulled away, you embraced him once again with heated cheeks.

You hummed in agreement, burying your face in his shoulder before smiling giddily to yourself.

Needless to say, Alois never attempted to make chocolate again for Valentine's and instead settled for a huge basket of plush toys and small, thoughtful gifts.

----

ssjsjJDNSKDJ I WAS HaLf aN HOUR LATE FOR VALENTINE'S DAY

—Gofastr x