E major

John's POV:

You walked through the crowded hallway, students pushing and shoving.

You however are ready to go home after a tiring day at school.

Just as you reached the atrium area, you noticed a big poster plastered on the wall.

"Annual Spring Orchestra...." You murmured, skimming over the poster.

"Pianists needed....." You read quieter, squinting up at the poster, you adjusted your glasses.

Were you seeing correctly, or did that just say that they need pianists.

"Pianists...needed! Oh my gosh!!!!" You nearly screamed before running back down the hallway

You had to tell Mr. Sariano right away that you wanted to play!

Just as you reached the music room door, someone opened it and hit you in the head with the door

"Ouch!"

"Egbert? Im sorry, are you alright?" You heard Mr. Sariano ask.

"Y-yes," you rubbed your head.

"The orchestra, can I talk to you about that?"

"John, I would love to chat but I really have to go."

"But–!"

"See you tomorrow, take care!" He said hurrying to exit the building.

You let out a sigh and scratched the back of your head.

Hopefully he won't have found a new pianist by tomorrow.

You trudged through the now quieter, but still flooding hallway, heading toward the school entrance/exit.

Rose was outside, it seemed like she was looking for someone.

You hurried over to her, "Hey Rose, you looking for someone?" You asked

"No, actually I'm waiting." She said, proceeding to look around.

"Who for? Jades still on clean up duty I think.."

"I'm not waiting for Jade, actually I don't think you know her, or remember her anyway..." She murmured the last part.

"Oh..Well, okay."

Just as you were about to turn around and search for your sister, she was suddenly by your side, slightly out of breath too.

"Oh, Jade–" you started

"Sorry(gasp) I'm late(more breathing)"

"It's fine Jade, I don't see why you had to rush to find me. We're the same age, I'm fine on my own you know"

"Right," she said catching her breath,"Sorry, I think it might just be natural instinct."

"It's fine, at least I know you care." You said in response, so as not to be rude.

"Hi Jade"

"Hey Rose, what's up?"

"Nothing really"

"She's waiting for someone." You interrupted.

Just then, she showed up.

That girl with the Violin.

Was this who she was waiting on?

Your face instantly heated at the sight of her.

You looked around nervously not wanting to condone lingering tensions.

Rose began to speak. "Hello (y/n), I don't think you have been properly introduced," she said in implication of the incident from before,"These are my friends, Jade" she pointed, "and John, they're siblings."

So (y/n) was her name. You focused your attention to the two of them, infinitely speechless.

"You wanted to play?" She handed Rose the Violin

"Thank you. Care to hear a piece?" She asked the two of you.

You were about to joyfully say yes, until Jade spoke on both of your behalf.

You could practically see Jades hesitation,"Sure, but just one. We have to go soon."

After Rose opened the case and took it out, she seemed to examine it as if it were a trophy taken out of it's case.

"it's beautiful" she said.

"It was my grandfathers." She responded in a nicer tone than you ever remember her having with you.

Roses eyes widened in response to the newfound knowledge, "wow...I-I can't play this" she said, placing it back in (y/n)'s hands nearly dumbfounded.

"It's not my place to play such a precious Violin. (y/n) you should play for us" Rose smiles slyly. It was as if she'd planned this.

"What? No, n-nnn...I can't it wouldn't be–"

Rose placed a hand on her shoulder and she seemed to give in

(Y/n) let out a reluctant sigh before closing her eyes with unbearable grace.

You knew you were in for a show, glancing at Jade who seemed to be enjoying it too.

You remember a time in which she played the Cello, now she just plays the flute in band. It's a pass time for her.

You looked at Rose who watched steadily, moving your eyes toward what she was looking at, your eyes became fixed on (y/n).

She moved as if she were a feather fallen into a pond.

The emotion behind her music almost told a story.

Her change in facial expression steadily accenting the movements.

It was entirely entrancing.

You felt a blush creep onto your face in realization, you may be developing a crush on her.

You didn't want to have a crush on her! She probably would never like you back. You felt embarrassed about it even though it wasn't like she could read your mind.

Your eyes left (y/n) and moved down to your feet in attempt to hide your face.

Just as the song ended.

You'd completely tuned out when you heard Jade speak," I enjoyed that, sorry, I don't mean to be rude but we really have to leave. See you all tomorrow!" Jade yelled, you'd already begun walking away with your hands stuffed into your pockets.

Just as Jade caught up to you, you slowed down.

"Nice going John."

"What? What did I do?" You said genuinely confused.

"You didn't compliment her or anything. I thought you were all about music."

"..." You were silent.

"Or does it have to do with personal matters? Maybeeeeee, a crush??"

"W-what?? I do not have a crush on her." You lied, now flustered.

"Then what's that on your face huh? They didn't serve hot wings for lunch today, did they?" Jade teased

"Jade. I'm not into her like that.." you lied again.

"Sure you aren't." She said in disbelief.

Tonight would be a long night.
____________________________________