Chapter 1- The Voice

Sabrina
My sweaty fingers wraps around the mic pole as a listen to the drums steady beating. The piano starts to playing telling me I should start to sing now. I close my eyes and let the music take over me. Taking a deep breath I tell my story.

Father, I'm going to say thank you
Even if I still hurt
Oh, I'm gonna say bless you
I wanna mean those words

Always wishing you the best
I, I pray for your peace
Even if you started this
This whole war in me

You did your best or did you?
Sometimes I think I hate you
I'm sorry, dad, for feelin' this
I can't believe I'm sayin' it
I know you were a troubled man
I know you never got the chance
To be yourself, to be your best
I hope that Heaven's given you
A second chance

Father, I'm going to say thank you
Even if I don't understand
Oh, you left us alone
I guess that made me who I am

Always wishing you the best
I, I, I pray for your peace
Even if you started this
This whole war in me

You did your best or did you?
Sometimes I think I hate you
I'm sorry, dad, for feelin' this
I can't believe I'm sayin' it
I know you were a troubled man
I know you never got the chance
To be yourself, to be your best
I hope that Heaven's given you
A second chance
You did your best or did you?
Sometimes I think I hate you
I'm sorry, dad, for feelin' this
I can't believe I'm sayin' it
I know you were a troubled man
I know you never got the chance
To be yourself, to be your best
I hope that Heaven's given you
A second chance

I fade out the last note opening my eyes. The music stops and everyone is silent. Than out of the blue the whole house stands up and claps. I just stand there with tears in my eyes. I didn't even hear the Judges press the buttons. I was so caught up in the music. I don't think I've opened my eyes either.

After a while the crowd settles down and it's completely silent again. I stare at the judges as they stare at me. "Wow that was wow," Shawn is the first one to speak. I smile at him looking down at the ground subconsciously. "What's your name sweet cheeks?" Austin asks me. Little weird there Austin.

"M-my names Sabrina," I stutter mentally hitting myself. Austin smirks at me from his chair. Um no Austin I'm only fifteen ok. "Sabrina how old are you?" Melanie asks. "I'm fifteen. I'm turning 16 at the end of March," I say into the mic. She raises her eyebrows at me and sits back in her chair.

"Let me just say Sabrina and I think I can talk for everyone when you sang that song there wasn't a sound to be heard in this room. That's how quiet it was. When you hit those high notes it was like hearing a angel," Melanie complements me. I smile at her praise my hands getting sweater.

"Sabrina I don't chose many people because I'm very picky when it comes to talent. But I know talent and you go it," Lauren says finally talking. Hearing those words come out of her mouth means more than the world to me. For someone to see I have talent is all I could ever ask for.

"Ok Sabrina it's time to choose," Shawn says. "MAHONE" "MENDEZ" "MARTINEZ" "JAUREGUI" the crowd yells. Shit this is so hard. I don't know who to pick. I look at each one of them trying to figure out who's going to be the best for me. "I p-pick Lauren," I stutter into the mic.

There's a lot of boos from the crowd but also a lot of cheers. I feel like Lauren would be a good mentor for me because she's really hard and down to Earth. Being hard on me will help me get better at singing and really pushing myself. I feel everyone else would just be goofing off.

Besides Austin. I think he had other things he wants to do to me. Shawn is great and all but I don't know about him. And Melanie she's amazing and I listen to her music all the time but I don't think I would survive with her as my coach. Lauren gets up from her chair and runs over to me.

She wraps me in her arms and rocks me side to side. I smile to ear to ear as my idol is hugging me. She pulls away and takes my face into her hands. "You did so well Sabrina," she smiles looking into my eyes. A small blush creeps up on my face. I subconsciously look down at the ground.

"Ok Sabrina follow me," the host says so they can get ready for the next contestant. The host walks me back to my family. By the looks of it they're pissed. Well my mom is. Everyone else is just giving me a chilling feeling. "Great job Sabrina, I'm so proud of you," I says when they don't say it.

They just give me hard stares. Wow really supportive there. "I'm very disappointed in you," my mom says walking away. I look at everyone else and they just shake their heads. What did I do wrong. "What did I do wrong?" I ask out trying to make sense of them. No one responds. I watch as they leave.

Now what am I supposed to do. "Sabrina if you please follow me," the host says. Not sure what else to do I follow the host into a room that says TEAM JAUREGUI. The host opens the door to reveal three other people. She closes the door to get other people. I stand by the door not sure what to do.

I feel like they're slowly judging me figuring out my life story. I shift uncomfortably from foot to foot not sure what to say. "Yeah no competition there," I hear one of the girls say under her breath. Great we haven't even started and I've made a enemy. "Well then. My names Ashely," Ashely says.

"That's Sammy and you met Sarah," Ashely introduces all them. I wave my hand shyly picking my head up. Everyone just stares at everyone making this more awkward. Why am I here. I should get out of the way so I don't get whacked in the face or something.

I walk to the wall where's there's no couches and sit on the floor. Seconds later the door opens up to reveal the one and only Lauren Jauregui. Everyone perks up seeming more happy and less intimidating. Fake much. She walks into the middle of the room looking at all us.

I swear she took a little longer with me but I could just be going crazy. "Ok welcome to Team Jauregui. Congratulations on getting on my team. From this point on it's going to be tough and if you really want this you have to rise above everything. Good luck everyone," she says walking out.

We all just look at the door not saying anything. Someone gets up from the couch and walks over to the door. I look up to see Sarah. "Well see you guys tomorrow. Sabwhatever you can go home cause well did you hear yourself," she laughs walking out the door. Great just what I need.

I'm already regretting this idea. Maybe my mom was right. This was stupid to do. Well I can't back out now. Everyone leaves the room till it's just me and myself. I get up from the ground and walk out of the room. Everyone has left and all the lights are off. "It's not like your going to last long," I whisper.