Chapter 2- Boot Camp

Sabrina
I walk into the building still half asleep. I got a email from the voice about the schedule and what time we had to be in each day. Today was just a general meeting and outlining what the rest of the days would be like if you made the cute. Doubt I would though.

I walk through the doors that lead to the stage. But this time I was less nervous. Sarah, Ashely and Sammy were in a group laughing about something. Should I go over there or just stay out of it. "Well look who showed up. Clearly you didn't listen to me. Maybe your ok after all," Sarah smirked.

I roll my eyes and walk over to them. I say hi to Sammy and Ashely greeting them. They smile at me and wave back. There's a awkward silents between all us. That's probably my fault. I can't make conversation for life. "Ok weirdos you guys ready," Sarah interrupts us.

I really don't like her but I'm not going to stir any trouble with her. Just than heels click behind us filling the room. We all turn to see Lauren. She has on black tight pants with a white t-shirt and black leather jacket. There's a pair on sunglasses on her head. Dame if looks could kill we all be dead.

She comes over to us smiling. "Morning my little nuggets. Hope you had a good sleep because today we're jumping right into practice. We have a lot to do in so little time. Sammy your up first. Follow me," Lauren says walking down the stairs to the empty chairs. The rest of us stay.

We all watch eager trying to figure want Lauren's saying. I can't make anything out and start to loose interest. I zone out and start twiddling my thumbs. I look around the stage really getting a good look at it. "Yo girl get off the stage!" Sarah yells at me. I turn around to see everyone looking at me.

Realizing what's going on I hurry off the stage to the side. Luckily I'm in a spot where it's all black because my face is bright red with embarrassment. I'm never going to survive this. "Ok Sammy just like I told you," Lauren says from her chair. Music from nowhere starts to play out.

By the end of the song I'm blown away. Sammy's voice is so good. The way she hits those high notes are out of this world. Her voice control is insane too. How am I supposed to beat that. Heck I can't even sing happy birthday without my voice cracking. I don't even know who I managed to sing father yesterday

"Way to call attention to yourself freak. Being you isn't enough to draw attention," Sarah sneered coming up to me. I'm really losing my patiences with her. I'm a nice girl and I don't go telling people off. But if she doesn't shut up I might just have to call her off. "Ashely!" Lauren's yells from her chair.

I take my eyes off Sarah and watch Lauren talk to Ashely. Once again she goes up there and kills it. Ashely has more of the sassy rocker vibe to her. Like Dinah. Each person that sings only makes my self confidence sink deeper in the water. "Good luck boo," Sammy says to Sarah.

Ashely comes over to me all sweaty. I hand her a towel from the rack which she gratefully takes. We watch as Sarah sings I will always love you. Once again amazing. But I could tell on the high parts she was bragging a little. But than again I don't know what Lauren said to her so I can't make assumptions.

Sarah ends her songs and bows for Lauren. She than comes over with a smirk on her face. Ashely squeals in excitement hugging Sarah. "Best that freak," Sarah laughs walking off with Ashely. They just leave me standing alone. I turn around combing my fingers through my hair.

Lauren finishes up writing something down and looks up at me. She than looks around the room for the rest of her group but they're not here. She gets out of her chair and walks over to me. I smile up at here acting like I don't know a thing about the girls whereabouts.

"Where the rest of my team go?" She asks walking up to me. Ugh what do I say. Would they get mad at me if I told Lauren where they went. Or would they be mad that I didn't tell Lauren where they are. "Uh, uh they went that way," I point to where Ashely and Sarah went. I have no idea where Sammy is.

But I can guess she's with them. Lauren nods her head and walks away to where they are. Shit I'm going to die. Sarah's going to murder me. I'm a dead men. I start pacing the floor a panic attack coming. My hands get sweaty and I start over thinking everything. I start tapping my thighs in nervousness.

Than I hear Lauren's heels click on the floor. I turn around to see a very pissed off Lauren. Oh shit what did I do? What did Sarah say about me? Did she tell Lauren about the stage thing? I'm going to die. Goodbye world maybe see you when I'm about to die. I start playing with my clothes scared as hell.

I don't say anything as Lauren walks up to me. She just stares at me looking down at me. Is she waiting for me to say something or? I can't take this. My fingers start tapping against my thighs making a steady beat. "They're not here," she smiles at me.

I can't tell if she's happy or going to tell kill someone smile. I don't know what to say to her once again making this more awkward than it has to be. I shrug my shoulders not sure what else to say. Lauren claps her hands and combs her fingers through her hair. I need to say something to her.

"I-I'm sorry. I should've told the girls to stay. This is my fault. Ugh I'm so stupid," I finally say beating myself up about it now. I just messed up Lauren's whole schedule because I should've told the girls to stay here. I turn around and dig my nails into my skin. I mentally slap myself for it.

"Woah there Sabrina. Do not put this on you. They're not your responsibility, they're mine. You didn't do anything wrong," Lauren says walking over to me and picking up my chin. I look up into her eyes with guilt flooding my face. Yeah but my problem is I over think everything till I've gone mad.

I feel someone take my hands into theirs. I look down to see Lauren holding my hands rubbing her thumbs across my knuckles. I look up at her with a fake smile on my face. She frowns at me making me laugh a little. Her frown turns upside down and she's happy again.

"Well Sabrina it looks like it's only me and you. So for the song I think you should sing is riptide. It seems like the right balance for you. Just cool down from your entrance performance," Lauren says walking over to her chair. She sits down at her chair and smiles at me. I stand in the middle ready.

Broken Voiceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें