Chapter 5- The secret haven

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment”- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Chapter 5- The secret haven.

The door opened as Ella turned the door knob and there on the browns’ house door step stood the brown haired vampire in a tight black sleeved T-shirt and skinny black jeans -that hung low on his hips- with dark converse. His hair fell on his forehead and he pushed it back only to fall down again. A grin stretched on his face as he checked Ella out from head to toe. And for some reason his heart leaped in his chest when he caught her doing the same.

“Like what you see?” He said grinning. Ella’s eyes travelled up to his and once their eyes locked she glared at him arms crossed tightly across her chest.

“Oh come on! Don’t be such a baby.” Johnathan teased her and was rewarded by another glare and a ‘whatever’

Taking a deep breath Johnathan sighed and scrolled to his black Range Rover Ella following close behind. Johnathan opened the passenger door and let Ella get into the car before he slammed the door shut -making her jump- before walking towards the driver side of the car and getting in. With a last look at Ella he smirked and turned the key in the ignition, the car came to live and he pressed his foot onto the gas. The car speed out of the browns’ house driveway in 200km/h making Ella get pressed back against the leather car seat her nails to dig in the arm rest.

“What the hell!” she yelled making Johnathan laugh out loud.

“Ian, slow down. You will get us killed.” She barked fearfully.

“Not until you talk to me.” He sang over the loud roar of the wind.

“I am talking to you idiot now slow the down!” Ella said more calmly now.

Very slowly the car slowed down and stayed at 120km/h. Ella finally let out the breath she was holding and let her grip on the arm rest loosen.

“Gosh! You get scared way too easily!” Johnathan laughed.

“Shut up, Ian!” she muttered and stared out the window watching as shops and houses passed by.

“So, Where do you want to eat?” Johnathan asked eyes focused on the road ahead of them when Ella didn’t answer he looked at her sideways to find her still staring out the window.

“Are you still mad at me?” he finally asked the question he dreaded the most. His tone was partly amused partly hurt but he tried to cover that up as best as he could.

Ella’s whole body tensed as she remembered the look of anger on Ian’s face the day before. The look of hatred and distaste, the way he spat those harsh words at her without a second thought about them ‘slave’ the word repeated in her head, like a song on replay. And at last the way he pressed his body against hers, the way he sniffed her neck lustfully. The kiss he pressed to her neck –oh- that kiss it made her heart thumb in her chest and she felt a tingling feeling in her body. But that tingling feeling could have been caused because of nervousness or fear –or something else. But she didn’t want to think about that option it wasn’t true- it couldn’t be true- she couldn’t possibly l-

“Ah!” Johnathan’s voice broke Ella out of her deep thoughts and she looked at him form the corner of her blue eyes. “The silence treatment! Good move El.” He said and sighed afterwards before continuing his talking “you left me no choice.”