Chapter 23

Author's Note:

This is the last chapter!! I would like to thank everyone who has read this & loved it. Now if anyone here wants me to write another Dean/Kristie story or do one on RJ/Becky, just send me a DM & let me know. Again, thank you all so much for enjoying this story. I had fun writing it. ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The time had finally arrived. The moment Kristie had been excited about for months.

Her first ever pay-per-view event, Extreme Rules, had come, & she was eager for her chance to compete in it.

Once she & Dean had landed in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, they got themselves into their hotel & chilled out.

The following day involved lots of press to promote the event, which had folks in Vancouver excited because WWE fans in that city had been wanting a pay-per-view event happen for a long time, & some had even started a petition drive to make it happen.

There was also another matter at hand for Dean & Kristie, & it involved their families, who were flying from New York & Ohio for Extreme Rules.

Now Dean was super private about his family, refusing to talk about them in the press as a way to protect them. With the kind of career that he had, he felt that it was best to protect them from the glare of the spotlight that was often on him.

Kristie was the same way about her family because of her & Jenna both having high profile careers. Even though a part of their family life had been talked about on national television through Good Morning America, she didn't want her family further exposed then they already felt that they were.

Now as both the Good & Vanetti families gathered at Rogers Arena in Vancouver for Extreme Rules, everything was ready for a great event.

First off was Team Raw vs Team Smackdown for bragging rights in the tag team division. Raw had their three best tag teams(Enzo & Big Cass, Gallows & Anderson, & Sheamus & Cesaro) against Smackdown's best 3(the Usos, American Alpha, & Rhyno & Slater).

It was epic. All 6 teams gave it their all, but in the end, American Alpha came out on top, winning for Smackdown Live.

Next up was the 3 best ladies of Raw(Charlotte, Sasha Banks, & Bayley) vs the 3 best ladies of Smackdown(Becky Lynch, Naomi, and Carmella). All 6 women gave it their all, but when it was over, Becky was the last woman standing, which made RJ very happy.

Then came the next match which involved the best 3 men of Raw(Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, & Finn Balor) vs the best 3 men of Smackdown(AJ Styles, The Miz, & Baron Corbin). It was a total bloodbath, but Roman Reigns got Raw the big victory.

Now it was time for the main events: Dean Ambrose vs John Cena for the WWE World Championship & then Kristie V vs Alexa Bliss for the Smackdown women's championship.

The guys got things started. John did his normal thing, throwing his "Never Give Up" towel to a random fan. He then spoke to the camera, "Time for me to kick some lunatic ass here!" & ran into the ring.

Then Dean made his entrance. He walked towards the ring with a mix of confidence & anger. He was confident that he would win & retain the title, & he was pissed off because of the various things John had said over the course of their feud.

For Dean, this was personal. Very personal.

Once the match got started, Kristie, who was backstage taping her wrists & getting her gloves on, knew that this wouldn't be easy. Cena was throwing Dean around like a rag doll with every Attitude Adjustment he used. Still, even though she was watching it on a flat-screen TV in the locker room, she could see the look in Dean's eyes.

He wasn't going to go down without a fight.

After getting beaten up & thrown down, Dean punched Cena hard & pulled off the Dirty Deeds, which caused the crowd to explode. Once in the cover, he knew that he had it.

The crowd went crazy as Dean retained the title. As he lifted the belt over his head & looked at his mother, who was sitting in a suite with Kristie's family with tears in her eyes, he smiled. He knew that she was proud of him.

Now it was Kristie's turn.

Alexa Bliss came out to massive cheers, but when Kristie came out with the title belt around her waist, the crowd went crazy.

Once the match got started, it was on.

It was all the WWE Universe could ask for. Both women refused to give an inch. Both gave it their all. Both used their best moves.

At one point, though, Alexa looked to be in control. She did her Twisted Bliss move on Kristie, who felt the wind get knocked out of her.

However, she ended up feeling more than that.

Kristie could feel throbbing pain in her rib cage, & she quickly realized that Alexa's Twisted Bliss move had resulted in bruised ribs.

Once she saw her opponent climb to the top rope to do the move again, Kristie knew that she had to counter, & she had to do it fast.

Once she saw Alexa in the air, Kristie quickly got her knees up. Alexa fell down on the mat in agony as a result.

As soon as the adrenaline kicked in, Kristie got up, grabbed Alexa, & pulled off the Dirty Deeds, much to the crowd's delight.

Once she got into the cover & heard "1!..2!..3!", she knew it. The crowd's massive roars had made her realize that she had done it.

Kristie had retained the Smackdown women's title. She was so happy despite the fact that her ribs hurt like hell.

Once backstage, Kristie found Dean, & the two embraced for what seemed like a long time.

They then found their families after the event where there were hugs all around. Then they all celebrated with dinner at one of Vancouver's best restaurants.

Everything was right in the world. Would it get better?

Only Dean & Kristie knew for sure.

THE END. :)