Pt 11

She woke to her phone ringing. She was still almost completely out of it but she heard something about her having another job before she passed out again. When she woke up next it was her brother pouring water on her yelling to get up. She couldn't even walk she was so dizzy. He picked her up and put her in the bath he had poured for her. He sat on the toilet seat and helped her get her clothes off. He put them in the wash and started some food. Then he cleaned her vomit off the floor, bed and couch. When he thought she would be done he brought a towel in for her. He helped her out and wrapped her up. Then her carried her to her bed and laid her down. He brought her food and began to feed her. She didn't even bother asking why he was there or how he got in, she just ate. He started talking "Mom sent me after your boss called your landlord to check on you. They told her you had gotten sick and you know how she is with puke. So she sent me. I figured you'd been drinking knowing how much of an ass Dad was." Max looked up from her food but he kept on, "Your boss needs you to take out this police officer that's been on our garage's ass. He said the easiest would be tonight. I can help you if you need."
"Sure, just don't tell Dad, I fucking hate him right now. He makes me feel so small and useless. I need him to think that I'm fine."
"Are you?"
"Look the fuck around. The only thing not going wrong is this place isn't on fire." She held herself from crying. "I don't know why but I'm a wreck right now."
He stroked her hair. She sniffled, "I just want you around. I feel alone."
"You're not, because I'm here for you as long as you need me."