Capítulo Número Dos

Oct. 13; 15 days left

Lindsey sat straight up, gasping for breath. Her Rolling Stones T-shirt soaked through with cold sweat. She sighed heavily and fell back on her pillow. The dream had felt real, like so many of the other ones that she had had.

I'm not going back to sleep, so I might as well get ready for school...

Lindsey glanced at the clock; 5:08 a.m. She sighed again, knowing that she would fall asleep in some class and get sent to the office. Well, it couldn't be helped. It wasn't her fault that she was having these nightmares... right? Eight years ago, when she was five, her house had caught fire. She had been so scared she couldn't move, and stayed in her room. Just when the flames tasted Lindsey's mattress, a firefighter leapt through the wall of fire, grabbed her up, and ran back out into the freezing December air. Lindsey would later learn that that man's name was Danny Grimes.

Lindsey dragged herself from the warm cocoon of blankets and into the frozen tundra that was her unheated bedroom. She fled to the warmish bathroom and glanced in the mirror. Noticing a smear of eyeliner under her pine green eyes, she wiped at them and groped in the cabinet under the sink for a washcloth. When she had finished washing her face, Lindsey half tripped down the stairs and saw a new billboard being put up outside her window. It was advertising a concert in Footlite Musicals in Indianapolis.

She initially dismissed it, and made herself some toast before her head snapped up as she registered the band playing. It was her favorite, Twenty-One Pilots. She was wide awake now. She took the stairs two at a time up to her room. Her phone practically flew into her hand to text her best friend, and neighbor, Skye.

L: SKYE THERE IS A TØP CONCERT IN INDY ON THE 28TH

S: Yeah? What performance center?

L: FOOTLITE

S: Sounds cool! U want to go maybe? I could probly get tickets

L: OF COURSE CHILD YOU TALK LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW ME

S: Okay, okay jeez! 😂 I will ask my mom about it later

L: Good I was worried for a bit there 😂

S: lol MWAHAHA ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

Lindsey felt her phone vibrate a second tine and saw her other best friend Michaela's name flash at the top of the screen with a FaceTime. She answered and added Skye to the call.

M: DID YOU SEE THE BILLBOARD?!

S: Nope. What billboard? I WONDER WHAT ITS ABOUT???

L: YES MICHAELA I DID AND IM FREAKING OUT SKYE SAID SHE COULD MAYBE GET TICKETS!!!

M: IS THIS TRUE SKYE?!?

S: Yup. Actually I'm asking mom rn.

L: FINGERS CROSSED EVERYONE!!

<Skye leaves the call and comes back a few minutes later>

S: Heeeyyy...

M: WHAT DID SHE SAY OML

L: SPILL CHILD

S: Well, if you two would CALM DOWN I would tell you!

<L & M stare intently at Skye's little box>

S: Okay... So it took some debating, but she said...

S: Yes!

L&M: YEEEEEAAAAAAHH-

S: BUT WAIT!! THERE'S MORE

S: Lindsey... Michaela... We. Got.

|-/|-/|-/|-/|-/|-/|-/