3.

Whack! Crash! Thud! What the hell? I look up from my lap top and look toward the stairs. I pushed my glasses to the top of my head while setting the device on the coffee table. As I made my way to the steps Fred came down and spun me around and directed me to the kitchen.
"I was wondering if you wanted to go out on a date with me tonight? Sense it's our last night in the city for a while." I completely forgot about the noise and smiled.
"Oh I would love to! We could go get a small dinner than go window shopping up town! It will be fun!" I could hear arguing up stairs but it quickly quieted down.
"Great! The kids can look after themselves tonight while your mother is out with her sisters." Something shattered up stairs and this time I wanted to figure out what had happened.
"What was that?" I asked eyeing the ceiling. All the kids were up stairs that were here.
"Probably the kids messing around." I squinted at him to see that he had a crinkle on his forehead. I raised a brow and swished past him. "Lana!" He tried to grab me but I was already half way up the stairs. As soon as my footsteps could be heard, hurried footsteps pounded the floor.
I got to the landing and looked at my kids who were in the movie room. They were all standing in a straight line shoulder to shoulder. My niece and nephew were here visiting. I counted only four.
"Where Patrick?" I asked resting my hands on my hips walking toward them. I looked around to see that a picture was missing and a baseball bat and ball where set on the couch. I walked up to my daughter who was standing next to her cousin.
"Hi mom." She nearly mumbled.
"Where's your brother and why the hell is sports equipment up here?" I starred her down.
"I brought it with me and I forgot that it wasn't supposed to come up here." Sammy saved her.
"That is my bat and ball." I looked at him. "Don't lie." I rest my hands on my daughter shoulders and moved her out of the line. Patrick lay on the floor smiling but with shards of glass stuck in him.  "OH MY GOD!" I rushed down to him and inspected his bleeding body. "WHAT THE HELL FRED?!? GET YOUR ASS UP HERE! ¡Vas a pagar por esto!"
Your going to pay for this
I stood in the emergency room watching as the last of the glass was extracted from our sons body.
"Mom-" I held my hand up.
"I don't want to hear it." He looked back down watching as the nurse patched him up.
"Take these it should help with the pain for the next couple of days." She smiled apologetically at me before walking away. I grabbed my purse and walked out to the car.
"Mom!" I turned around to see the young man come to a stop before he ran into me. "It was my fault I brought the bat up and was standing next to the-"
"I said I don't want to hear it Patrick!" I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "I don't care who's fault it is, what u do care about is that everyone tried to hide it from me. Now get in the car I have kids to beat before I take myself to dinner tonight." I got in the car refraining from slamming the door.

I walked in the front door to see that they had cleaned the house and were all sitting in the living room. Fred was standing next to the tv with his hands in his pockets looking like a puppy that just got beaten for shutting in the house.
"Fred fallow me now." I snapped and walked up the stairs until I came to the third floor.
"Lana I'm sorry-" I shook my head and looked at the wall then back at him.
"No he was hurt and you tried to cover it up! Do you know how many stitches he got? 23! That's 20 more than when he accidentally cut himself with a pairing knife!" I brought my hands across my face trying to calm myself.
"Look I didn't want you to get worked up about it because I know how you are when one of our kids gets hurt! I take the blame for what happened because I threw them at and Emilee-" my eyes snapped to him.
"My daughter did what?!" I screamed letting her know she was in deep shit.
"I thought she was our daughter." He looked taken back and hurt.
"That's not what this is about at the moment. What this is about is you being an irresponsible parent. You can sleep on the couch tonight. I'm taking myself to dinner." I stormed off down the stairs.
"This conversation is not ov-"
"It is over when I say it is." I snapped and kept walking. I made it to the front door to see that the kids were still seated. "You guys are in deep trouble. Hand me your phones." I held out my hand and walked along collecting from each child. "When I get home I expect everyone to be in bed with their teeth brushed. I don't care if you are asleep but you better look like it. Sammy and Claire your mother will be notified of tonight's events." I walked and put all the phones in my purse and walked out the door.

Half way through my dinner a phone started ringing in my bag. I opened it to see that it was Sammys phone. It was my sister.
"Hello." "Sam- Lana? Why do you have Sam's phone?" "I confiscated it along with Clair's, Emilee's, Patrick's, and Jack's. we had an incident tonight with glass, a baseball bat and a ball. Which ended up in Patrick getting 23 stitches.-"