𝐢𝐱. FICTIONAL APEX PREDATORS

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

  JESSICA AND ANGELA DIDN'T SEEM mind Bella and Bailey's disappearance when they noticed Edward Cullen with them. Bella had called out to them, waving at the girls. They rushed over, the pronounced relief on their faces simultaneously changing to surprise when they had spotted him. It was so shocking they hesitated a few feet away from the unlikely trio. 

"Where have you been?" Jessica's voice was suspicious. 

 "I got us lost," Bella admitted sheepishly. "And then we ran into Edward." She gestured toward him. 

"Would it be all right if I joined you?" he asked—his voice silken and irresistible to the teenage girls he stood with, Bailey being the exception. Instead of fawning over Edward unleashing his "talents" upon them, her eyes glued to the restaurant and a hand resting on her growling stomach. 

"Er... sure," Jessica breathed. 

"Um, actually, Bella, we already ate while we were waiting—sorry," Angela confessed. 

"That's fine—I'm not hung—" Bella was cut off by Bailey's stomach letting out a thunderous growl. The youngest member of the group had all eyes falling upon her as she continued to stare at the restaurant. Any longer and she'd contemplate devouring the entire establishment. 

"Seems that's decided. Bella, I think you should also eat something." Edward's voice was low, but full of authority. He looked up at Jessica and spoke slightly louder. "Do you mind if I drive Bella and Bailey home tonight? That way you won't have to wait until they eat." 

"Uh, no problem, I guess..." She bit her lip, trying to figure out from Bella's expression whether that was what she wanted. 

Bella winked at her. She wanted nothing more than to be (relatively) alone with her perpetual savour. After all, there were so many questions that she couldn't bombard him with till they were by themselves. 

"Okay," Angela was quicker than Jessica. "See you tomorrow, Bella, Bailey... Edward." She grabbed Jessica's hand and pulled her toward the car. 

As they got in, Jessica turned and waved, her face eager with curiosity. Bella waved back, waiting for them to drive away before she turned to Bailey. 

"Let's go," she said.

The restaurant wasn't crowded—it was the off-season in Port Angeles. The host was female and Bailey found it quite annoying when she spent most of her time assessing Edward instead of seating them immediately. She was several inches taller than either Swan sister and unnaturally blonde. 

"A table for three?" Edward said, his eyes flicking to Bailey who was mentally uttering as many curses as she could at the woman who took her sweet time while also glancing around the restaurant pausing at ever open the table they could be seated at right now.