Captain America/Steve Rogers

*Note: This is about 2 years after the battle of New York and you don't really know much about the Avengers.*

You owned a café in New York, nothing especially exciting. You had a quiet life where nothing ever happened to you. None of your family lived in or near New York City, and even if they did you wouldn't stay in touch with them. By no means did this mean you had some tragic backstory, you and your family just didn't get along. You had had an average childhood, you graduated high school and took (major thingie) in college, but that felt boring for you, so you left (home town) about 11 months ago, got a cozy, little flat in New York, opened up a cute, little café nearby, and lived your quiet little life. Until one day...

It was starting out as a normal day, you were serving and socializing with your regulars and the odd newcomer, thinkingu today was just going to be like any other, but boy were you wrong. You looked up as you heard the familiar ring of the bell on your door and you immediately got to your feet. When you were all sorted and looked up you realized he was already at the counter and you immediately started going through your routine for when a newcomer comes in, saying the favourites, specials, and all that jazz.

When you finished you looked up and asked for his name. Only in this moment had you really taken in his appearance, he was tall, built, good looking. Wait, no. That's an understatement, he was incredibly good looking. Not only all of that but he looked kind of familiar... Nope. You were probably just imagining things. After you finished staring at him you realized he had spoken so you immediately felt bad and started talking.

"Oh sorry, what was that? I seemed to have spaced out for a minute... Sorry," you said sheepishly.

He chuckled and said, "It's fine ma'am, don't worry about it, it happens to the best of us. I was just telling you my name. Which, by the way, is Steve Rogers."

"Well then, nice to meet you Mr. Rogers, what brings you here to my humble little café?" You said in a cheery voice.

"Please, no 'Mr. Rogers', just Steve, Mr. Rogers makes me feel old. And not much I was just out and thought this place looked nice so I thought I'd stop by for some coffee."

"Oh, well thank you for stopping by. And if you're Steve then I'm (y/n), ma'am makes me feel old."

"Of course, do you want to come sit with me? You don't seem to have any other customers at the moment." He said kind of shyly.

You looked around and noticed that he was right, there was nobody else in here, so you got up and made your way over to his table.

****Time Skip Because I'm currently writing this up in class and the teacher's coming over****

You guys sat there, each with your own cup of coffee, and just talked. Just as you were about to ask him for his number so you could hang out sometime, his phone rang and he said he had to leave. After he was gone you honestly felt kind of sad, he was really nice and you didn't even get his phone number and you'd have loved to see him again.

As you were beginning to clean up your table, you noticed a little slip of paper with a note on it that made you smile...

Hey (y/n),

I don't really know how to write these kinds of things, but if you maybe wanted to we could possibly hang out sometime. If not that's perfectly fine, it wouldn't be a date or anything, just, you know, two people hanging out. If you want to, feel free to call this number whenever it's convenient for you; 123-456-7890.

~Steve

Steve's POV

As I was walking out of the little café I couldn't get my mind off of her, I really hope she texts/calls my number, she seemed really sweet. Of course now I'm gonna get endless teasing from Tony...

But for her, I think it might just be worth it.

*Hey there, I hope you liked my story, feel free to send me some requests. Btw, sorry it was kind of short, it wasn't my intention.*

<3