Chapter 1 - Gather Up the Killers

Five years ago, the prophecy was fulfilled. Kol and Elijah were infected with an incurable bite, Freya was poisoned and Rebekah was hexed. To save our family, my boyfriend Klaus sacrificed himself, he allowed Marcel to dagger him with Papa Tunde's blade so that Freya could cast a sleeping spell on herself and her siblings, linking them to Klaus and keeping them all alive.

Five years after losing my brother and my boyfriend, I left New Orleans with my daughter Hope and I promised that I would save my family. No matter what. 

Hope and I live in a farmhouse in the middle of the woods. I climbed up the stairs into the attic where I was keeping the Mikaelsons' coffins, I opened Elijah's and looked inside. I knelt down and closed my eyes, remembering our last moments together.

Afterwards, I went downstairs, walking towards Hope's bedroom and saw her sitting on her bed, drawing. I smiled before hearing a vehicle approach.

Hope stopped drawing and looked up. "Is that them?"

"Let me check," I told her. "Stay inside."

Hope nodded, returning to her drawing.

I walked outside and saw Mary's truck approach. I walked closer to meet her as she and Hayley got out of the truck.

Mary smiled. "Well now, aren't you a sight?"

"You sure no one followed you?" I asked.

Hayley gave me a look. "We know how to avoid trouble. You should know that better than anyone."

"Now, where's that little girl?" Mary asked.

"She's inside," I answered.

Mary walked inside, leaving me and Hayley to talk alone.

"Did you find it?" I asked my best friend. "After all this time, I am this close to getting them back. I found a cure for Freya's poison, I got a witch to siphon Rebekah's hex."

"So, you're really gonna do it?" Hayley asked, putting her hands on her hips. "Cure them and then wake them up?"

I nodded. "I made a promise to my daughter. I promised her a home where she would feel safe and protected by the people who love her. Hayley, she's a Mikaelson too. She's inherited all of their enemies and a power that I don't understand. She needs someone to teach her to control it. I can't do this on my own."

Hayley sighed, lowering her arms to her side. "You told me to wake the Mikaelsons you needed to find all seven werewolf packs. You found six. The last one, Malraux, I thought they were killed off." Hayley pulled out a piece of paper and showed it to me. "According to this, there might be one left." I reached for the paper but Hayley stopped me. "Nina. You looked for five years and I helped you, we found nothing. Suddenly, I get word of a lead. What if someone else found it too? What if it's a trap?"

I took the paper from Hayley. " I have to save them, Hayley. I don't care if it's a trap, I'm not giving up."

We walked inside.

~*~*~

Hayley and I were getting ready to leave. I stored the coffins into the back of the moving truck and closed the door. I walked over to Hope, who stood next to Mary.

"Do you have to go?" Hope asked.

"I do," I answered. "But I'll be back very, very soon and I won't be alone." Hope and I smiled before embracing each other in a hug. "I'll call you every night before bed, okay?" We pulled away. "In the meantime, you listen to grandma. Deal?"