Chapter Eleven//animals

^^Song of the chapter Animal I Have become by Three Days Grace

This chapter is going to let you even unravel more! H

Chapter Eleven//animals

Juliet's POV

I shake my head again, "no. No." I look at Nate, "it just doesn't make any sense to me. Why would you do something like that  to your best friends?"

Nate puts his hands up in defense. His hands are still covered in his victims blood and he wants to touch me with them. 

"Please let me explain the rest of the story darling," Nathaniel puts his hands near my shirt but I back away from him.

"I said no. You can't possibly think I will even start to believe anything you say," I shake my head again and look down. How can I believe that he let them have grace when he killed them and left them? How can I believe they aren't going to hell when all this blows over? How can I believe they will have better access than just death while they themselves might turn into a corpse? 

I feel his hard breathing and so I look back at him. His eyes are glowing off a red tint. A different color I have seen him have. Usually he has the greenish blue he has or his eyes are dark.

"You-" He breathed in and out patiently, "you need to believe me Juliet."

I continue to shake my head, "then tell me," I say and look in his blood red eyes, "then tell me how they are going to have their peace, huh. How is this even benefiting me? Why would you do this?"

I remember them now. The boys. I remember how sweet and kind they sounded. How cool they seemed when they were around Nathaniel and it doesn't seem real to me that he would do such a thing.

"Its benefiting you because even though I said you would watch I made you stay here. I-I didn't want to kill them when I saw them at first but then revenge struck me. And it struck me hard," I see as he looks down and I go to him fully. I embrace him and he hugs me back. He cries onto my shoulder hard as he has to lean down somewhat.

I rub him on the back and gulp lightly because I was hugging him. I know he won't do anything to me but just the thought of him being around me after he is still covered in the sticky and stenchy substance. 

"I hate the animal I have become," Nate says in my shoulder. He pulls away and wipes his face. His face looks puffy unlike the times before. Usually when he cries he is still pale faced and very sorrowing looking. Now he looks like a regular person who is crying and trying to get better.

Nate hates the way he is. He regrets even going to the cabin in the first place. I have  learned about him more than I should havr ever known. He has opened up to me more than anyone has and to be honest for once in my existence I feel like I matter to someone fully.

I shake my head, "you are not an animal. You have some things that have made you seem like you are like that but you aren't ." I want to comfort him as much as I can. His pain of being dead is his worse feature.

Nate blinks his eyes and his face goes back to its original state. He looks down and then back at me. He puts his hands on my shoulders and then says, "I gave them their peace. Please believe me."

I trail my eyes  away and then sniffle my nose because he got me pretty emotional on his behalf.

"I believe you. I do. It's just hard. You know? All these events happened so fast and I have only been dead fot less than twenty four hours? It doesn't seem real. None of it."

I see Nate rolls his eyes. He makes me look into his eyes again and they are a very light blue now.

I furrow my eyebrows at him and then look at his  eyes more and his facial expression. He shows worry and longing. He looks from my eyes to my hands which were on his torso.