Forbidden Love

Sorry for not updating! I have been a bit busy with professors. Also, I wanted to write when I felt inspired but I guess its just me procrastinating. Well, in case you forgot what's going on now you should maybe skim through the last chapter...

Toodles! And enjoy!

*********************************************************

Lord Dagliesh's POV:

"He's the Duke of Scotland?" I asked playing along with this little game of hers.

She nodded quickly.

"Yes, f-father you know how fond I am of him and his f-farm...I mean family." she hiccuped.

My eyes widened as I took in her demeanor.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her close to me.

"You're mashed?!" I hissed.

"O-only because you s-said I could!" She yelled in defense.

"I said no such thing! I allowed you to only drink a half glass of wine. This is exactly why women can't drink. They can't handle it,"

Her eyes then darted at the same boy she was dancing with a moment ago.

I felt smoke build in my nostrils.

"And they can barely handle their emotions."  I said deceivingly calm.

She looked up at me surprised at my sudden decision.

"You're planning something! I know you." She whispered.

My daughter indeed did have some brains of yours truly.

Well, no since in playing around I have to be straight to the point.

"I forbid you to see that boy any longer." I stated with a tone in my voice to let her know that what I said was written in stone.

No one could change my mind.

I could think of one person...Kamini.

I cringed.

She would never leave me alone.

"Father, you formade me-forbidden me from s-seeing the Duke of Scotland? He hasn't done anything wrong." She stuttered with a hiccup at the end.

"Don't play games with me child, you know exactly who I am speaking of. Because of you, I refuse to expose him and deal with him my own special way...of course getting valuable information out of him first. But he is only going to be free if you stop seeing him. Put an end to this short infatuation. You will marry who your mother and I approve of. So I will be inviting the Duke of Scotland to come next week."

I turned with my back facing her.

I then turned my head over my shoulder.

"You two should hit things off nicely since you two do know each other quite well." I smiled.