Chapter one

Ariana's p.o.v

(Ariana's dress)

(Ariana's dress)

Sitting in my usual place, the window sill, in the living room amongst the other wives I continue to read my book. Ignoring their conversations, I hardly speak to them anyway.

But as it was I can't help but think about what happened the other day, Sherry and Amber confronted me about my problems. I know they had suspicions but I couldn't let them know otherwise they'll tell Negan and that terrifies me. He'll throw me away to the walkers, or bash my skull in with his bat.

Now I know I haven't actually seen any of this happen before, Negan says he has to shield me from these horrors because I'm younger than the other wives, but I'm 19 so I find it unfair that he doesn't let me go outside for walks like I used to.

He doesn't even touch me like he does the other wives, says I'm 'not ready yet', I guess I shouldn't complain about that because he still shows me love and care and all the shamalam but I can't help it. It's no lie when I say I have feelings for Negan, he's protected me since he found me in the woods and hasn't let any harm come to me since.

I could be in a much worse condition and situation right now but I'm not and I'm forever grateful for this, but truly I don't know how long I can live in this hell that we call a world. Trapped inside with only books to feed my imagination and entertainment, whereas the other wives get to go for walks and a couple have gone on supply runs!

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Negan sits on the edge of the widow sill, looking at me with a worried gaze. My heart speeds up at the thought of the girls telling him about their suspicions.

"Are you alright Ariana?" He softly asks running his fingers over my cheek, my lips part as I try to think of what to say but I can only muster a nod.
"Speak when spoken to darling" he gently scolds causing me to nod frantically and stutter out a response. "I-I'm fine thank you, Negan" I mumble quietly.

Standing up and offering a hand, which I take, he leads me into the dining room. "I'm having dinner with my lovely wives tonight" he exclaims with a large grin the practically reaches his ears. Gulping my heart once again speeds up as I take my seat at the corner at the table and look down at the plate of food, my worst nightmare.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Near to the end of dinner and I start to become nervous. I had eaten a couple of bite but could only manage that, so throughout the rest of the meal I just sipped on my water and kept my head down, avoiding and ignoring all conversations that were happening.

Without realising my plate had been taken and everyone was starting to stand and head back to the living room. A sudden urge to go to the bathroom filled my gut so I quickly stood and rushed to the bathroom, locking the door and kneeling down in front of the toilet and doing my daily rituals. Unaware of the ears listening outside.

Once finished and feeling the satisfying feeling of an empty stomach I stand up, flushing the toilet and quickly brushing my teeth before smoothing out my dress and walking to the door. But when I open it I'm met with the large figure of Negan leaning against the frame with a angry look on his face.

Tears instantly prick at my eyes and I look down to the floor, trying to hold the tears from falling.

"We need to have a talk baby girl....."