II

"I hope you take good care of her, or I'll be knocking your door down! ha ha!" Said Mrs Marr. Good ol' old people humour.

"You know I will, Mrs Marr." I laugh nervously.

"Please, call me Dyane. And call me if you need help with anything, my grandson has just taught me how to use a mobile. Fiddly things, but they do come in handy... Any way, good look dear." She says, recovering herself from her slight tangent.

"Grandma, is it time for the cats to be fed?" A manly voice calls downstairs. it had that deep thrum that only comes from someone who has a thick neck from working out a lot.

"Yes Boone, come down and help me, I can't for the life of me bend down to feed that many cats! You can meet the new owner of that lovely white kitten too just before she goes..." Dyane calls up the stairs.

Then to me she whispers "That's my Grandson, Boone. he's single, and I think he's about your age you know..." She told me, winking.

I raise my eyebrows, slightly shocked, definitely embarrassed. My mouth is opened, about to say something, but then I see him walking down the twisty stairs.

First I see his feet, clad in red converse. Next, black skinny jeans clinging to muscular legs. Something you don't see under black skinny's often. Next a slick black leather jacket, loosely hiding a black vest top, stretched over wide shoulders, sat upon which a wide muscly neck. I knew it.

And then his face. His jawbone was kind of strange, with a curve to it that made it look very solid, instead of weak like it usually would. a coating of dark stubble further accentuating this feature covered his jaw and upper neck.

He had dark brown hair, not quite black but almost, and very blue eyes. Like, snow leopard blue eyes (it's my favourite animal okay). They had a weird brightness to them that contrasted strangely to his slightly furrowed brows.

He was gorgeous.

It's then that I realise I'm staring, and with my mouth open.

"Ahem, well I better get going, wouldn't want Madam in here getting uncomfortable, ha ha." I stammered awkwardly, gesturing to the cat box hanging from my hand.

"What's your name?" He said. He was staring really hard at me, like I might be a murderer he recognised from a paper or something.

"W-What?!" I stutter, not quite processing what he said quickly enough.

"Your name. What is it?!" Something about the intensity of his gaze and question made me nervous.

"Charlotte! My name's Charlotte. But my friends call me Shal. Most people, I mean. But you can call me what you like, erm, I mean, obviously not anything. Although, to be honest, we probably won't ever talk again anyway..." I trail off, realising I was babbling, and that his eyebrows got deeper into his face.

"Oh I think we will, Charlotte." He said after a moment. He then turned around and went straight back upstairs again, before I get a chance to ask what the hell that was supposed to mean.

I then get a chance to take my breath, upon realising I hadn't since the moment I laid eyes on Boone.

"Mrow!" I start at the sound that came from the cat box, having completely forgotten what was around me. I raise my eyes and meet with Dyane's. She was smiling out of one side of her mouth, as though she knew my thoughts.

"He's just moved in with me, after finding home a little stressful. He'll be going to same university as you, yes? Entgegen University is it? Maybe you could show him around?" She asked me, flashing that old lady smile at me again.

"Uh, sure. See you around Mrs Marr." I say, showing myself out the door and taking a deep breath. while I caught my breath, I wasn't sure, but I think I heard a chuckling on the other side of the door.

******

This was a short chapter, I know, but I think it just works really well to end it here! What do you all think of Boone? What did that mysterious comment mean? ALSO, if you want the next chapter dedicated to you, you just have to answer one question; Where do you think I got the inspiration for Boone's name from?

Hugs and kitty cuddles, Charlie ^w^