Do We Kill?

When Jerome came back from the GCPD, he saw Barbara sitting on the couch, with a fire in the fire place singing some song.  

"When you finally find it, you'll see how it's faded..."  She was mumbling.  He snuck into the room unoticed, still wearing the uniform, and watched Barabra to see why she was there.  

As he got closer, he saw Barbara running her fingers gently through Harley's hair.  The pigtails were non-existent, and Harley was sitting on the floor with her head leaning on Barabras leg that was dangling off the couch.  She seemed to be sleeping.  

"The underside is lighter, when you turn it around,"  She sang quietly, still unaware of Jeromes presence in the room.  After a few moments, Harley perked up from Barbara's leg and turned around to stare into the eyes of Jerome.  

"Jerome..."  Harley said.  Barbara looked around the couch to see Jerome, who had his eyes fixed on Harley with that sinister smile.  

"Your back!"  Harley cheered as she jumped up and jumped over the couch into Jeromes arms.  Jerome caught her and held her close, while Harley wrapped her arms around him in a comforting hug.  

Barbara glared at Jerome, up but he just smiled back as if to say 'I'm better than you'.  Barbara left the room as they hugged, completely awestruck as to why Harley was so hooked to him.  How she jumped into his arms like nothing they discussed in the bathroom ever happened. 

"He gives me the same feeling I had when I had chocolate as a little kid,"  Harley's voice repeated itself in Barbara's head.  Barbara shook her head and continued walking to her room.  

/////////////////////////////////////////////

"Missed me doll?"  Jerome asked.  Harley nodded excited as they walked into Jeromes room.  They laid in the bed on their backs as Harley curled no into Jeromes side.  Jerome ran his fingers through her hair gently, amazed at its softness.  

"Oh!  I almost forgot!"  Jerome said as he launched himself out of the bed, causing Harley to sit up and watch him pace to the other side of the room.  He grabbed something out of a bag, and put it behind his back.  Harley still sat on his bed and tilted her head curiously.  

"Close those pretty eyes, doll, I've got a surprise."  Jerome said smiling at Harley.  Harley smiled all teeth and closed her eyes obediently.  Jerome walked quietly to the bed, and sat behind Harley with his leg out holding her to his chest.  He placed the wrapped chocolate rose in front of her.  

"Open.."  Jerome whispered in her ears.  

Harley opened her eyes, and tilted her head before taking the rose.  It was wrapped in Red tin foil, with a little note with the initials J&H.  Harley carefully unfolded the rose, and the smell of chocolate hit her nose.  Harley gasped at the chocolate treat in her hands and smiled.  

"Thank you, J,"  Harley giggled.  She picked off a petal and popped it into her mouth.  She popped off another piece and handed it to the ginger.  He took it and ate it too.  

"J&H  means me and you doll.  You're my little doll.  My favorite."  Jerome whispered in her ears, smiling against her skin.  

"Your favorite?"  Harley asked.  Jerome chuckled. 

"Of course.  Your hair is so soft like a doll.  Your eyes are the deepest blue.  Your skin is clear and more expensive than any porcelain in the world."  Jerome said.  Harley swooned, relaxing against his chest.  

"Your doll.."  Harley sighed, completely lost in her head.  

"Mine,"  Jerome said, kissing his love bites that were bandaged on her collarbones.