Chapter 1: The getting to know

"And the winner is...Blackpink!" Park Bo Gum said. Happiness exploded in Lisa as she stood up and walked up stage with the group, bowing and thanking the other groups on the way. "Thank you so much!" They said as they received the award from the emcees. Lisa smiled brightly as her unnies began the thank you speech. She scanned the crowd and caught the eye of a particular member from BTS. Their maknae, Jungkook, was staring right at her, eyes staring straight into her soul. A grin grew on his face as he caught her eye. They stared at each other for awhile before Lisa felt her face heat up as she quickly looked away. Jungkook chuckled to himself as he continued to look at Lisa, admiring her slightly red cheeks and embarrassed smile. Cute, he thought. Blackpink soon left the stage after their speech had ended. The award ceremony continued as per usual. However, all Lisa and Jungkook could think about was each other.

The award ceremony ended soon after. Blackpink had won the Best New Artist award and BTS had won the Best Album of The Year award. Both groups were happy as they walked out of the hall, greeting other groups as they passed by. Jungkook saw his friend, BamBam, and walked up to him. They shared a quick hug and congratulated each other. While Jungkook was hugging BamBam, he spotted Blackpink walking towards them. He let go of BamBam and said bye before he saw Lisa walking by. He nodded his head at her, a small smirk on his lips. Lisa blushed and quickly bowed back. She then ran off to join the rest of Blackpink. BamBam noticed all this and told Jungkook, "Ooo you like her! I have her number you know? We grew up together in Thailand." Jungkook blushed as he playfully smacked BamBam's shoulder before walking off. Grew up together huh? He thought as he walked to meet his hyungs. "Jungkook! Where have you been?" Namjoon asked. "Sorry hyung! I was just talking to BamBam for awhile. Are we late for something?" Jungkook asked worriedly. "Nah. We were thinking to say hi to Blackpink, since we're fans. They're just up ahead." Namjoon said excitedly. "Really? Okay let's go!" Jungkook said. BTS walked up to Blackpink confidently, their idol image showing. However, deep inside, they were all nervous. They all liked Blackpink. There was something different about them from other groups. They didn't have to wear miniskirts or sing cutesy songs to get people to like them. They gave off a strong, cool but feminine vibe that attracted people to them. Their performances were always powerful and amazing, leaving BTS shook.

Blackpink noticed BTS and quickly stood properly, ready to greet them. Lisa blushed as she met Jungkook's eyes but quickly looked away as Taehyung smiled at them. "Anneyong!" He exclaimed as he waved at them. The other BTS members joined him and each of them greeted the Blackpink members, Jungkook greeting Lisa slightly longer. "Let's greet each other properly shall we?" Namjoon said as he started the BTS greeting. Blackpink then did their own greeting before they congratulated BTS on their win. "Thank you! You too! We really liked your performance today." Jin said. Taehyung and Jungkook began doing some moves from BOOMBAYAH, making both groups laugh. "Thank you. We really enjoyed your performance too. It was very cool." Jennie said. "Especially during Fire. I liked that one best." Rosé added. Jungkook and Lisa both started doing dance moves from Fire at the same time, both blushing when they heard their hyungs and unnies teasing them. "How about dinner? Are you guys free to do that?" Jisoo asked. "Sure! Let me just call our manager to inform him." Hoseok said before walking off to call Bang PD-nim. "So, who do you like best in our group?" Jimin asked, a smug tone in his voice. "Oh! I like Jin oppa. He has a nice voice and his jokes are great." Jisoo replied immediately without a sense of embarrassment. Jin blushed as he thanked her and told her a joke he thought of, both of them laughing heartily. "Must be an old person thing." Taehyung said, earning a glare from both Jin and Jisoo. Jennie smiled as she said "I like Taehyung oppa the most. He's very cute when he does aegyo." Taehyung grinned as he nudged Jimin and said smugly, "I'm cute. Not like you shorty." "I'm cute! Tell him!" Jimin whined. Rosé laughed as she said "I like Jimin oppa. He's cute but cool at the same time." "Ha! I'm cute AND cool. Thanks Rosé." He smiled. "How about you Lisa? Who do you like?" Yoongi asked. Lisa was flustered when she was suddenly asked that question. She was shy to speak because she wasn't confident of her korean. "Um.. I like Jungkook. He's great at dancing and singing." Lisa said as she felt her face heat up. "Ohh her korean is good." Jungkook said surprised. Lisa blushed at that. "Thank you." She smiled at him. "Well, should we say who we like in Blackpink?" Jungkook asked. "Sure." Jimin said as he started. Jimin and Namjoon liked Rosé for her voice. Jungkook and Hoseok liked Lisa for her dancing and rapping. Jin liked Jisoo for her singing and 4D character. Yoongi and Taehyung liked Jennie for her rapping and aegyo (Taehyung mainly). "So where do you guys want to go for dinner?"

"Mmm, this is good. Try it unnie!" Lisa said as she passed the plate of clams to Rosé. "So you're the maknae?" Namjoon asked Lisa. "Yup. I'm 21 this year." She replied before stuffing her mouth with some noodles. "Ohh, so you're the same age as our maknae then. You two would make a great couple." Hoseok said as he smirked at Jungkook. Jungkook blushed profusely as Lisa choked on her noodles. "Aish, slow down. The food's not gonna run away." Jisoo said as she pat Lisa's back. The groups laughed at both their maknae's reactions as they continued to eat and get to know each other better. By the end of the day, Jimin had gotten Rosé number and Jin had successfully asked Jisoo out on a date. "Thank you for the dinner! It was delicious. We should meet up again sometime. It was fun." Jennie suggested. "Sure! Just drop us a text and we'll see if we're free." Taehyung said. "But I don't have your number." Jennie said. "Now you do." He said as he entered his number into her phone. "That sly fox." Suga and Namjoon said in unison as they shook their heads at their dongsaeng, a proud smile on their faces. "Well, it's getting late. We should head back, we have practice tomorrow." Hoseok said as he waved at the girls. "Bye! Thanks for today! Jisoo don't forget! Friday, 7pm okay?" Jin yelled as he walked off. Jisoo blushed but yelled an "okay" back at him as the girls bombarded her with questions. "Woah hyung. A date already? You're fast." Jungkook said impressed. "Didn't want anyone to ask her out first. You should do the same. I saw some people staring at Lisa!" Jin teased. "Yeah Jungkook! Ask her out. She clearly likes you as much as you do. If not a lunch date, then how about a practice date? Ask her over to out studio to practice together." Yoongi suggested. "Yeah. Both of you dance well so it should be fun." Taehyung agreed. "I don't know hyungs. I don't even have her number. Besides, she might like someone else. Maybe BamBam. They grew up together you know?" Jungkook sighed. " I'll think about it tomorrow." The hyungs looked worried for their maknae as he boarded the limo that took them back to the dorms. Jungkook was quiet throughout the whole ride, thinking about what his hyungs had said. Jin and the others were discussing about Jin's date with Jisoo in a few days and Jimin asking out Rosé. He was happy for his hyungs. But he kept on thinking about Lisa, even when he was back in his own bed at the dorm. He had a sleepless night, getting up early to go for a run. He did this often, running helped him get rid of all the stress he felt. However, little did he know, his hyungs were planning something for him that involved a certain blonde girl.