CHAPTER SIX: A YOU PROBLEM

***So, this turned out to be a not so mini chapter and Wattpad was being a dick on Wednesday, so here's chapter six two days later***

In midday traffic, it took me around twenty minutes to get to Nella's Bakery and in that twenty minutes, I'd managed to work myself into a frenzy. Toiling over Yelvin was making me a crazy person and it made me sick to think that this may be what the rest of my life looked like; wondering all of the time if I should forgive him, if we would end up together, if I was weak for not fighting for him, if I was weak for wanting to fight for him.

By the time I parked in the bakery parking lot, I was a train wreck. I quickly climbed out of the car before giving myself the opportunity to reconsider. If I thought about it too long, I'd find myself driving home to curl up in my bed and be pathetic.

Pulling open the door to Nella's, I relaxed a little, the sweet smell of bread and sugar hitting me in the face and making my troubles melt away. I made a beeline for the counter, ordering way too much food for any one person to eat: two muffins, two sandwiches, a side of fruit and a Caesar salad. I'd definitely be taking food home, but for the moment, I wanted to camp out.

Balancing my heap of food on a tray, I made my way to a table by the window and dug in. If anyone asked, I'd poke my stomach out and claim that I was eating for two, not that I needed a reason to eat like a savage, but there was something very unbecoming about diving face first into enough food for a luncheon.

After my first sandwich and half my salad, I was beginning to see how much bigger my eyes were than my stomach. I sat up straighter in my chair, done inhaling my food like a starved animal and began to pick at a muffin as I stared out of the window.

I sighed. Atlanta was beautiful in the summer as long as you weren't outside. The sun shone brightly against unnaturally green grass and elegantly planted trees that blew ever so slightly in the wind.

Sucking in a breath, I nearly choking on a bit of muffin that lodged in my throat as my eyes found an intimately embraced couple groping each other on the other side of the window. They were going in, hot and heavy, lips entwined, his hands gripped tightly at her ass and one of her long heeled legs wrapped around him, pulling him in inappropriately close for the public eye.

I rolled my eyes, immediately recognizing the guy buried two feet deep in some girl's embrace. Mufasa. It bugged me that I still remembered his name. Why couldn't he have been named something less memorable? Alan, or Mark, or anything but Mufasa.

Diverting my eyes, I focused on my muffin, ignoring the couple. I didn't need to watch him suck yet another girl into his shenanigans. Clearly, he was intent on making his way all the way through Atlanta with his dick. Ick, I will not be a stop on that train. Thank God.

Pushing away from the table, I climbed to my feet and made my way to Nella's tiny spinning book rack. I could at least do something productive while I killed time, and it had been an embarrassing while since I'd read.

Disregarding the age old say 'don't judge a book by its cover', I picked the book with the most interesting looking cover and stepped back into line, humming to myself and reading the cover summary for my book.

I was one person from the register when someone stepped in front of me. "Hey, can I jump in front of you real quick? I just need to get one..." he trailed off as he turned at took me in. "Well, hello, A."

I blinked up at him, wondering if he actually remembered my name of if he was using my necklace as a reminder. I grabbed at it without thinking, tracing the silver. "Hey," I said flatly. "And no, you cannot 'jump in front of me real quick'." I narrowed my eyes on him. He was clearly a man that didn't hear no very often, particularly from women. Even through his thick leather jacket, I could see the outline of muscles, flexing and putting on a show. He was immaculate, stupid because it was nearly a hundred degree outside, but the jacket somehow added to the bad boy appeal that he was sporting.