●Prologue:Love At First Sight●

Spock had always known that he was different from other Vulcans. He just never knew how much. Not until he joined the Star Fleet and he met James Tiberius Kirk. The minute they met, everything changed.

From first sight, Spock knew that Jim was his mate. He knew that Jim was his Thy'hyla and because Jim was human and he was a Vulcan, he chose to be emotionless and he was mean. It was very Vulcan-like behavior.

Spock tried to act like he should, thinking logically but Jim always managed to get under his skin and it was because Jim was his mate. When they first met, as humans would say 'he was an asshole'. So when Spock was asked to be First Officer by Jim, when he got the Starship Enterprise, he was surprised but he accepted. It was the only logical thing to do. Join the USS Starship Enterprise and make sure his mate stayed out of trouble.

Thinking back Spock knew that he should have taken his chance to tell Jim that he was his mate. But he hadn't. No one really knows when their life is gonna end so they don't do the things they should before that person that they happen to love or themselves die. Spock forever regreted not telling Jim.

As he was sitting beside Jim's bed, he kept his eyes on his heart monitor. But they kept flickering over to Jim's face. He couldn't help it. Jim was beatiful and he was noticing it for the first time. He cared so much for Jim and he wanted him to wake from his coma so he could tell him such.

Spock didn't know how but he knew that Jim would wake up healthy and alive. Spock never felt much emotion before he met Jim, hell he never even showed the slightest emotion until he met Jim. But with Jim he felt things. Love, hate, happiness, sadness, anger, jealousy...and he liked it.

He was in love with Jim and he needed Jim to wake up so he could tell him. Because he would die if Jim died. Hus heart rested with Jim and if Jim died, part of him would die too.

"Captain...please wake up. I...I need you."

For anyone who walked past Jim's room in the med wing as Spock said that would have heard the plea and anguish in Spock's voice.