Lost

Dreams... Everyone has dreams, yet no one can explain why we have them. Many people say it's just our mind's way of choosing and keeping the important memories we made the same day. Other people say that someone or something makes us dream. But no matter the cause, dreams are just dreams... right?
     I was surrounded by darkness. I tryed looking around but I couldn't hear or see anything. Suddenly I had a wierd feeling. I was sure I was alone, but now I had that sensation you have when someone stares at you. With each second that passed I felt more and more anxious. I started running even though I knew I couldn't escape. I wasn't getting anywhere, and this only made me more scared. I stopped and I looked around again. It was there, in the darkness... waiting... I wanted to scream. I opened my mouth but the words were stuck in my throat. I desperately looked around searching. It was in vain. Then I felt it... a cold breath on my neck. I tried moving, but I was paralysed. I felt the breath moving from my neck to my left ear. He was so close... We could almost touch. 'Don't worry...' he whispered, 'I'll find you soon.'. His words sent chills down my spine and made me shiver. I felt him moving. I managed to turn my head as he was moving away. The only thing I could see were two dark blue eyes glowing in the darkness. As they were fading away my body collapsed.
     I used to think dreams are just dreams... I was wrong...