Chapter 1: Ugh, All The Time

Scene: Cafeteria.

Brittany

"You always think you're right, Alvin." Brittany said, eyeing him. "Are you so sure this time?"

"Of course." He replied, smiling at her.

Jeanette tossed her lunch in the trash and stood to leave. "I hope you guys realize that having lunch with you, is a real pain."

"You're talking to me? Talk to Alvin! He thinks he knows everything." Brittany said, crossing her arms.

"Talk to yourselves." Simon said, sighing. "I'm getting tired of this continual fighting too."

Brittany sighed and glanced at Alvin. At first, she had been messing with him because that's what she liked to do; mess with guys she liked. But now, she just didn't know anymore. He was so immature.

"Maybe we shouldn't." Alvin said, popping a fry into his mouth.

"Exactly." Brittany said, rolling her eyes. "I can't apologise to him, even if I wanted to. He never knows when to grow up."

She looked jealously over at Theodore and Eleanor giggling over something together. They were so insperiable. What did they have that she and Alvin didn't?

The cafeteria turned death silent as someone entered.

They all looked to see who it was.

It was The Principal.

She turns and smiles at Brittany.

"I have some paperwork, Britt, can you come and take care of them?"

Finally, a chance to get out of this disastrous atmosphere.

"Yes, Ma'am. I'll be there." Brittany said, smiling.

"Good. Don't hurry, eat your lunch first." The Principal winked and left.

Everyone looked at awe at Brittany. She was The Principal's Assistant, after all, so she was obviously respected upon lest the students stepped out of line. And all students typically obeyed.

All students except for Alvin.

"Wow, Britt. How is it like in The Principal's office is it like a dungeon?" Kevin asked, coming over to talk to me.

"Uh, no. It's an office, Kev, get a grip." I said, rolling my eyes. Kevin blushed and walked away.

"I think it's so cool that you work there." Theodore said to me.

"Well, yeah." I say, airly brushing a peice of lint off my pink sweater. "I guess it's cool."

"I think it's lame." Alvin said, scratching his neck. "I mean, who wants to work for The Principal? Everyone knows you're just asking for good grades."

I fumed at him. "Alvin, be ashamed! I work for The Principal because she's nice. I'm not trying to take her for granted!" I glare at him.

"Alright, alright." He said, shrugging. "I would work for her too. She's hot."

Brittany turned to seeth at him, but found herself blushing. Alvin liked The Principal?

"I think she's hot too." Theodore said, kindly. "We all are. The AC hasn't been working for days."

I smile at his ignorance. So innocent.

Alvin obviously didn't think the same way;

"Teddy boy, don't play dumb! I don't mean her temperature I mean her face!" Alvin rolled his eyes.

"Oh." Theodore said.

"I have work to do, gentlemen." I say, standing up.

"No one asked." Alvin says.

I ignore him. "Nice chat. See you guys later."

"Hopefully I would've killed myself by then." Alvin says, smirking.

Does he think he's funny!? I wonder, as I walk away to The Principal's office. Alvin needs to get a grip.

I enter The Principal's office fuming. Alvin literally messed up another one-

A/N: hold up, lemme say this: DJ KHALED. Ok, go back.

-of my perfectly good days. It wasn't fair.

"Brittany?" My eyes snap up. It's The Principal.

"Is something wrong?" She looks concerned.

"Wrong?" I ask, grinning. "Oh, no I'm fine. Tiring day, don't you agree?"

She smiles. "Yes, it was a very tiring day. Especially because I had to have another complaint from Miss Smith about Alvin." She cringes at the memory and sits down and sighs.

I immediately get to work.

I grab her coffeemaker and make her some coffee. Then, I dip her feet in a water bowl, water hot. (Much to her protest) and put a fan in front of her sweating face, and then grabbed her finished coffee, put two sugarcubes in it, grabbed Vogue (her favorite magazine) and patted her on the head and told her I would have everything taken care of in 30 minutes.

"Oh, Brittany." She said, as she started to doze off. "What would I do without you?"

I sigh and sit down and smile, proud. What would she do without me?

Secretly I wished that someone else would say that. I think of Alvin's tough guy personality. It wasn't gonna happen.

With a side lump in my throat I went back to work and kicked myself, why was I thinking about him so much?

Hello, there. Hopefully this gets some reviews. Vote, comment, etc, cya.