Chapter 4: The Strange Objects

Kari's P.O.V.

I follow Ezra, staring at his back I question, "who's this person you're taking me to?"

He looks back at me, "Hera. She's our pilot." He looks ahead again. We go through a hallway where I count four rooms that we pass, two on each side. We come to doors that slide open, revealing a loft like space.

I see a female green twi'lek sitting on the couch which is attached to the wall, I'm guessing this must be Hera. She looks very much like a pilot, judging by her attire and the goggles resting on her head. She looks like she's scrolling through prison records.

"Hera?" Ezra says her name, which confirms my guesses.

She looks up at him before her eyes flicker to me. "Who's this?" She questions.

"I'm Kari." I state, trying to sound a little more confident than I am. Meeting all these new people is so uncomfortable for me.

Ezra gestures to me, "her shoulder got shot. Can you patch it up?"

She stands up and walks to stand in front of me. "Let me see it." She says.

I turn slightly so she can see the wound better. She takes a second to look at it before she looks at me, "it doesn't look too deep. Should be easy to patch up." She gives me a small smile.

I look away from her. She looks to Ezra, "Ezra. Go help Kanan check those crates we picked up today." He nods before he walks out of the room.

She walks over to a sink, "sit down and I'll fix you up." She says as she opens a cabinet. I do as she says and sit down. She comes over with a bottle of disinfectant and a rag. I take off my upper shirt and lay it on my lap.

I turn so she's able to sit down behind me. She sits down before she soaks the rag in the disinfectant by tipping the bottle slightly onto the rag until the tip is soaked with the strong smelling liquid. "This is going to sting a bit." She says to me.

I only nod. I feel cold liquid pressed onto my wound, causing a sharp sting to spread throughout my shoulder. I squeeze my eyes shut as I wince, she holds it there for a second before removing the rag.

"So." Hera says, obviously trying to start conversation while she applies a bandage to my shoulder. "Where are you from?"

Might as well be polite. "Born and raised here on Lothal." I answer.

I'm guessing that makes her smile, because she says, "well, as soon as we land we'll get you back to your parents."

I frown as painful memories flood my head. "I don't have any parents..." I mutter sadly.

She pauses for a moment. "Oh." She whispers, she finishes bandaging the wound. "I'm so sorry." She says to me as she puts a hand on my shoulder.

I shake my head, snapping me back to my calm composure, don't be weak Kari. I whisper to myself in my head. I stand up, "thank you for fixing me up." I say as I put my top shirt back on. I look back at her, "just take me to the outskirts of the city and I'll go from there."

She nods and suddenly it feels like the entire ship is jerked to the side forcefully. Hera shoots up and goes to the door on the far side of the room, it opens and she seems to be glaring at someone, "Chopper!" She yells with her hands on her hips.

Growing curious I walk to stand behind Hera and look over her shoulder. I see a old C1 droid and I'm guessing he's piloting the ship at the moment. He turns to face Hera, waving his little metal arms around while making irritated beeps and whirrs.

Hera huffs, "well, go tell Kanan that the next time we change courses that he needs to tell me first!" She goes over and sits in the pilots chair as the droid, who I'm is guessing is Chopper, pushes past me. I just awkwardly stand in the doorway before I notice that we're surrounded by stars.