Jelena: I wish you were here

- - - - - - - - - - - jelenalooover - - - - - - - - - -

I was in the middle of a conversation with my mom and other celebrities in the table I was assigned here in the Vanity Fair Oscar Party. You see, Justin bailed on me on the last minute, so my mom had volunteered to go with me. I understood Justin, though. There was an emergency in the recording studio that made him cancel his attendance to the party. I was glad I was in the same table with Taylor and her mom. It was too bad that Justin wasn’t here. Award shows and after parties like this have gone different for me without Justin. My phone vibrated, and I smiled when I read Justin’s text message.

“Can I call you?” he texted me.

“Yes!” I replied.

I excused myself and went to somewhere more private where I could talk to Justin. Suddenly, my phone vibrated again, and I answered his call.

“Hey, are you having a good time?” his voice filled my ear, and I couldn’t help but smile.

“Yeah. I was just hanging out with Taylor. She’s hilarious. I miss you, though. I wish you were here,” I answered glumly.

“Sorry baby. I have to work in the studio,” he sighed.

We each other two days ago, but I already missed him. I was really looking forward to attending the Vanity Fair Party with Justin, and I felt so sad when he told me he couldn’t come.

“I know. It’s just that, I’m leaving for Florida tomorrow, and I won’t be able to see you for weeks,” I admitted. I bit my lip to stop myself from telling him more complaints. I know he was busy, and I didn’t want to stress him much.

“It’s gonna be okay. I’m gonna be with you all the time, remember?” he reminded, making me smile dumbly.

I looked at the side of me wrist where a music note tattoo was permanently inked on my skin. I got this tattoo in not less than a week ago, and this music note meant a lot to me. “Yeah, the music note,” I said, smiling.

“I love you, Sel. I gotta go. Say hi to Mandy for me,” he said, and I closed my eyes. I was wishing we could talk longer, but I guessed he was really busy.

“Okay, I love you too,” I replied to him and we ended the call.

I sighed and walked back to our table. Well, at least I was able to talk to him.

“Hey, everything okay?” mom asked as I sat on the chair next to her.

I smiled at her. “Yeah, Justin wants to say hi to you.”

She wrapped an arm around me. “You miss him, don’t you?”

How come she knows everything?

I sighed and nodded. “Yeah, I do. I’m going to Florida tomorrow and he didn’t even dropped some things to join me today,” I whined frustratingly.

She tucked a few loose strands of my hair beneath my ear. “Just try to understand him, sweetie. He’s a lot busier than you are at the moment.”

“I know,” I murmured. She was right. I have to understand him.

After the party, I was fast asleep in my room when we got home. I didn’t even bother fixing my hair; I just changed my clothes and took off my make up before sleeping. I have an early flight the next day, so I had to catch some sleep.

I woke up and checked my phone for messages. I have a lot of messages from Justin, and I think that was a good sign that he was missing me too. I texted him that I was up, and I would call him after an hour.

I double–checked my stuff for my trip to Florida, and when I was done, Brian helped me get my luggage downstairs.

I was on my ride to the airport when I remembered to call Justin, so I pressed speed dial and waited for him to pick up.

“Hey, Sel,” he greeted me.

“Hi… Are you busy?” I asked softly.

“Ummm, kinda. Listen, can I call you later?” he asked me.

I closed my eyes in pain.

“I’m leaving in four hours,” I reminded him with my voice slightly louder than before.

“Oh! Today is Tuesday? I’m sorry, I forgot,” he told me, and I could imagine him running his hand through his brown hair.

“Could you drop by the airport? I really want to see you,” I said with such desperation evident in my voice. I really wanted to see him and just hug and kiss him for like, a few minutes before I leave the state.

“I… I can’t. I have this song I have to record. I’m sorry, baby.”

“It’s okay, I understand,” I said right away. I felt hurt that he couldn’t even set aside his work for less than an hour to see me, but what could I do?

“I really have to go, baby. I’ll call you, I promise,” he told me with his ‘I’m sorry’ voice.

I didn’t want us to fight over this, so I just surrendered. “Okay, bye.”

“Bye, I love you,” he said before I ended the call.

- - - - - - - - - - - jelenalooover - - - - - - - - - -

We just got in my hotel suite, and I felt so tired already, so I have decided to sleep right away. “Gosh, I’m so tired. I’m gonna go to bed early,” I told my mom, Brian, and Ashley.

“Okay, sweetheart, I’ll check up on you later,” she said as she pushed me lightly towards my room. She was smiling like an idiot, but I was slightly jet lagged to even ask why she was acting weird.

I opened the door to my room, and my eyes got wide when I saw Justin sitting on top of my bed.

“Justin!” I squealed in excitement as I ran towards him. He chuckled and got up from my bed to catch me when I jumped on him. “Oh my God, you’re here!” I said as I wrapped my arms around him tightly.

“Surprise!” he said while laughing and holding me closer to him. We kissed and I hugged him tight.

“I missed you so bad,” I said as I got lost in his warm embrace. I was about to cry, but I tried my best not to. I didn’t want to look pathetic and all that stuff in front of him.

“I missed you more. You don’t know how hard it is to write and sing songs about you, when I don’t even have the time to see you,” he finally admitted. We both pulled away from the hug, and I smiled at him in surprise. I didn’t expect his songs were about me.

“They were about me?” I asked in astonishment.

He caressed the side of my face lovingly. “Of course!”

“I thought you were ignoring me,” I sighed dramatically.

“I was. I planned it all,” he said proudly as he sat on the edge of the bed, and he brought me closer to sit on his lap.

I giggled and hit his chest playfully.

“So, what do you have in mind?” I asked as I ran my hand through his hair.

“I brought take outs with me, we could eat dinner first, take a stroll out in the pool area, and burn a lot of calories later tonight,” he suggested.

I chuckled and smiled at him dreamily as I looked deep in his eyes. “That sounds good.”

- - - - - - - - - - - jelenalooover - - - - - - - - - - -

Based on: Selena’s new tattoo. =) and Justin not being in the Vanity Fair Oscar Party. I was sad that there were no Jelena moments. =/

-Leave your comments and story suggestions. Thank you!-