Chapter 1

*****

"Oh Chaeng, look! She's coming!!!"

Chaeyoung flinches slightly when her dearest best friend, Jeongyeon, again has to shriek into her ears when the otrich look-alike lady saw her crush walked into the class. Chaeyoung stops scribbling and glances up from her book to look at the graceful and mysterious girl of Joengyeon's dream; Mina.

"Just talk to her already." Chaeyoung says and resumes jotting down her to-do list for the day, ignoring Jeongyeon who seems to lose her mind.

"I can't."

"Why not?" Chaeyoung has been through this so many times already but she still can't wrap her head around the reason why Jeongyeon can't talk to Mina.

"Don't ask her that, chaeyoung, you already knew the answer." Jihyo says silently but it is too late when Jeongyeon already opens her mouth to reply with answer Chaeyoung already remembers at the back of her head.

"Because I always see her as someone calm and collected, someone who always has this small bounce whenever she walks and I don't want to risk breaking this image I have of her if I get to know her. I mean, I don't want to know the reason behind the bounce or the reason why she can be so quiet despite being friended with the dancer Momo and - no offense, Chaeyoung- your sexy ex-girlfriend, Sana." She rambles, nonsensely.

Chaeyoung and Jihyo both stare at Jeongyeon dumbfoundedly.

"That's just plain stupid." Chaeyoung says as she and Jihyo resume minding their own business, ignoring Jeongyeon once again.

It makes Chaeyoung wonder. It has been 2 years already; two years since Jeongyeon fell head over heels for Mina, the same two effing years she had been squealing in Chaeyoung and Jihyo's ears but never once in this two years ever Jeongyeon had spoken to her crush. Chaeyoung can guess two reasons: A. Because their crowds never mix since Mina befriends with Chaeyoung's ex-girlfriend, Sana and, B.... and B is.... Huh, apparently Chaeyoung can think only of one and it suddenly makes chaeyoung feel bad.

She puts down her pen.

"You know, I know why you can't talk to her."

Jeongyeon turns her head and a feign surprise reaction is written all over her face. "What do you mean?"

"You don't have to do this because of me, you know that right?"

"I don't understand what you're talking about, girl." Jeongyeon looks away and suddenly begins to rummage into her bag to find something, an action Chaeyoung immediately recognised as I'm-busy-don't-talk-to-me gesture. It makes Chaeyoung smile, knowing that she hit the nail in the head.

"Don't sacrifice your love just because I am your best friend." Chaeyoung whispers in Jeongyeon's ears which renders the older girl stunned just as the lecturer walks into the class to begin the class.

This day is just perfect for Chaeyoung.

It is a cold Saturday morning, she is enjoying her weekend blissfully with a mug of hot coffee in one hand while holding her favourite silver pen in the other, writing something in her Book of Unexplained, a new book she just started writing a few weeks back. She absolutely loves attending this private college because she has plenty of holidays and weekends at her disposal to do the crazy things she has planned for her and Jeongyeon and Jihyo as an excuse for all the studying and cramming she has done from 9 to 5 every Monday to Friday.

So quiet, so nice, so uninterrupted....

BBAMM!!!

Did she say uninterrupted just now? Forget it.