three

I thought that was all I was ever going to have. That I was going to stay there, until I was too old, and I'd have to kill myself. Until one night, that seemed average, this guy walked in. I hadn't seen him there before, but he walked in and looked like he owned the place. I was standing behind the big, heavy, deep red curtain that the girls and I had to wait behind, until the customer had looked at our pictures and measures in The Book, and told Ms. Lace which ones they wanted to come out. Usually, they picked a few. Usually, it was girls. I wasn't exactly busy - Most of these guys would rather go even further downtown and find someone half as expensive as me, and have no one know about it. But this guy, he picked up The Book with a bored look. He didn't look nervous or uncomfortable at all. He flipped through the pages, and he looked completely disinterested. Until he stopped and looked at one page for a long time. I couldn't see whose picture he was looking at like that, but I guessed that it was Bella's - She seemed his type. She was probably as tall as him in her heels, she had black hair that reached her waist, cat-eyes, big breasts and ruby-red lips.

Only, when he told Ms. Lace which ones of us he wanted, she went and called my name quietly. "C'mon, Brendon." she whispered, waving me over. The customers weren't supposed to know our names - We could make up any name we wanted. I froze when she called my name, something I hadn't done since my first time, because I couldn't believe that he would pick me. But I followed her, and sat down on the velvet divan next to him. Ms. Lace ushered the other girls away, and I could hear them whisper to each other - As I said, usually a few of us were called out to stand next to each other, and the customer would pick one from that. But this guy, he had picked me, specifically. It might just be because I was the only boy, but if he'd known that he wanted a boy, why not just go somewhere where he could have had a wider variety of choices?