Chapter 5

After bathing, I sat down on my bed and looked at the ointment that Taehyung had gave me. I opened the lid and poured some on to my palm before rubbing it on my shoulder.

The hot calming sensation relaxes me and I instantly felt like sleeping after a hectic day. I felt my eyelid closed and I offed the lights.

//

Flashback 15 years ago 

A knock on the door interrupted the fun in the room and the maid came in. "It's time for dinner, sir." 

"Come Yejin, let's go have dinner!" The grandfather carried little Yejin in a superman style as he 'flew' her towards the dining area. Yejin was thrilled with excitement as she sat on her chair. The maid places two bowls of rice for Master Choi and Yejin, and headed back to the kitchen to bring out more food. 

Suddenly, there was a smashing sound from the living room and shatters of glass could be heard from the dining room. Yejin screamed in fear while the maid quickly rush out to see what happened. 

"Stay with Yejin!" Master Choi instructed the maid as he ran out to the living room to see what's the occasion.  

Not long after Master Choi went out of the kitchen, a gun shot rang across the room and the sound frightened both the maid and little Yejin. The maid quickly recovered from her scare and reacted fast as she carried the frightened child in her arms.  She was about to open the door of her room and attempted to hide inside when someone grabbed her shoulders and turned her around.

Yejin cried in fear when she saw a man with a black mask across his face pointed his gun towards the both of them.

"LEAVE US ALONE!" The maid pleaded with tears as she held on to Yejin tightly. She kept shaking her head as she refused to give the child to the bad guy.

"Give me the child or I will kill the both of you!" The man threatened as his finger triggered the gun. He moved closer to them and reaches out to snatch the girl away. 

The maid and the bad guy struggled for quite a few minutes before Yejin was easily taken away from her maid. The bad guy pushed the maid on to the floor with brute force and she banged onto the bedroom door. 

"Ahjumma!" Yejin screamed at the top of her lungs and she struggled to break free from the tight grasp of the stranger. He pointed his gun towards the maid and aimed at her head.

Yejin screamed and turned to hide her face in the chest of the stranger as her maid fell dead under the stranger's hands. Taking this chance, the stranger ran out of the house with Yejin. She cried for her grandfather when she saw his motionless body on the ground with blood.

"Haraboji!" Yejin cried sadly and resisted the embrace of the stranger.

The bad guy threatened as he pointed the gun to Yejin's face. "Shut your mouth or I'll kill you too!" 

She shuts her eyes tightly and didn't dared to make a noise as the bad guy shoved her in to the back of the car.  He started the engine and drove them far away from the mansion to an isolated street. He was speeding real fast and did not expected it when a lorry drove out from the right; and they got in to an accident.

//

Present -- 

My body shot up in the middle of the night as I awoke from the nightmare. My body was covered with sweat all over and I clenched on to my chest as I felt my heart beating extraordinarily fast. I tried to control my breathing as I gasped for air.