Chapter 1.3 - Magic

Haru here. You know, I'm starting to think that my life was better back on Earth. I could kill for some instant ramen right now. 

"What's the meaning of this Thelas?!" 

Forst was yelling with all his might, so much so that his face turned red. He grasped onto his chest to calm himself down, but it looked like that wasn't gonna happen anytime soon. 

Thelas looked just as confused as I was; she kept flipping through the pages of a book she carried and gave a dejected look to the king. I would have felt bad for her if I knew just what the heck was going on. 

Farmer? That's it? There wasn't even a "Master of" accompanied by it. Bullshit. I never even practiced farming back in my world. 

I turned to Sera for her opinion, but she just held her arms in an X formation and nodded nervously. The other heroes did the same. 

Was I just an extra? 

"It seems that you have been summoned here by accident, Haru." 

Forst gave a sigh filled with pity and called up one of his retainers. He was carrying a leather pouch and a parchment of paper. 

With a light grunt, the king began reading aloud. 

"My apologies, Haru. But as the King of Rosevaria, I shall take responsibility. Haru Okamura shall receive 100 silver and 1500 etre of land as compensation. As for the offender, Thelas Millennium shall be stripped of her position as Head Magician and shall serve Haru Okamura for three weeks." 

"What?!"

Thelas dropped her book and looked to Forst. He sighed once more. 

"You failed this year's summoning of the heroes and involved an outsider in our affairs. It is only natural for him to be compensated and for you to be punished. Be grateful that you are only serving him for three weeks. If you weren't still useful to the kingdom, you would have served him for life." 

And with that, Thelas dropped to her knees and stared at the floor. 

Was that all? What about me? Do I have any say in this?
Don't I get an opinion?
I was the one summoned here without consent!
Shouldn't I get a voice in how I am to be compensated?!

Actually, screw that. Return me back home goddammit! 

No matter how much I wanted to speak however, my lips never moved. I look to the heroes, hoping they would object, but they all turn their backs to me. 

Even Sera, who I had hoped would at least stand beside me, averted her eyes. 

I was taken to a deserted area a few miles off the road to the city. Although I was still in the country of Rosevaria, I was so close to its border that it practically meant I was being casted aside by Forst. You know what? His name's no longer worth remembering anymore so I'm gonna call him "Geezer" from now on. 

And now I'm stuck with Thelas, the supposed offender who called me to this world. I'm mad at her as well, but I've got bigger problems to worry about. 

First of all, how the hell does that geezer expect me to live in these conditions? There are weeds and dead trees all over the area, and there's not even a house! 

I'm gonna get that geezer one day. He may have acted all nice in the beginning, but he's just as corrupt as all the people in power back in my world.