Chapter Seventeen

This chapter is in Chris' POV so I hope you guys like it and make sure to vote and comment your thoughts if you do enjoy it x

//

Chris' POV

Once the movie started, Allie and I both stopped talking. We were just watch the film and eating our pasta. About halfway through the movie, Allie's body started to get heavier on mine.

I look down at her and see that her eyes are closed, her chest moving up and down evenly and her head resting gently on my chest. I shuffle down a bit on the couch so that she's in a more comfortable position. I slide my arm around her waist so that her body is supported.

When I do, she shifts a little and snuggles her face into my chest. How can a person be that darn cute?

I focus my eyes back on the screen but they keep drifting back down to Allie. After a couple of minutes, my phone buzzes.

It's a text from Allie's mum.

Hi Chris. Are you still with Allie? I can't manage to reach her.

I realise that we never actually told Allie's Mum about what happened or where she is.

Allie is with me still. We're at my house. We had a little encounter during lunch, I'm sure Allie will tell you about it when she gets home.

I hope to God that my text doesn't stress her Mum out too much. My Mum is going to be so stressed out when I tell her.

I end up turning the TV off and just scrolling through social media on my phone. Allie stirs from beside me, her arm reaching up to her face to rub her eyes.

Her eyes crack open and she looks up at me. My heart skips a beat and mentally slap myself. What is wrong with me?

"Well hello there," I say with a smile.

"Hi," she replies back in barely a whisper. A small sigh escapes her lips as she rests her face back against my chest.

I look back at my phone. From the corner of my eye I can see her eyes on me. I look away from my phone again and look down at her.

"What are you doing?" she asks, her voice sweet and innocent.

I shrug. "Just scrolling through things,"

Her head tilts a little, almost as if a confused puppy. Goddamn that was cute.

"Your Mum texted me. She tried to reach you," I tell her.

She sits up. "Oh crap! I didn't tell her I was still here,"

I chuckle at her antics. "Hey, it's okay. I told her you're here and okay."

Hesitantly, she settles back against the couch and nods. "Thanks."

I nod. "You feeling okay? After... well you know,"

She nods, but her smile falters. "I mean, I'm a bit shaken up. I had this weird dream too."

"Oh really?"

She nods. "I'll get over it though. You were there and you're not hurt which is all that matters."

My heart pangs with guilt for a moment. I shouldn't have run out. I don't know why. I just left her there. I guess I wanted to lure them away so she could get out okay. She's okay though and that's really all that matters. It's typical that something like that would happen the day we go there.

"Thanks for bringing me back here. I would've been alone otherwise."

"Hey." I whisper, looking down at her. Fear is present in her eyes. "There's nothing to worry about. It was just a stroke of bad luck that we were there the day that they decided to show up."

She nods, pressing her hands together, trying to hide the fact that they're shaking. I grab her hand and wrap it in mine. I pull her against me and wrap my arms around her.

"I thought they were going to hurt you," she whispers back, her voice thick.

"But they didn't. I'm okay. You're okay,"

I hold her in my arms, until she calms down but even then I don't let her go. Eventually, I hear her breathing soften and become even. My eyelids become heavy and soon enough, exhaustion overwhelms me, as I slip into sleep.

***

Keys rattle in the door, but still in a subconscious sleep, I can't be bothered getting up and seeing who it is.

A weight pressed on my chest, warm against the side of my body. I crack my eyes open, relieved to see that the room is dark. My eyes drift down to see Allie, fast asleep against me. A small smile plays on my lips.

The dim light in the room switches on and out of instinct, I shut my eyes and pretend to be sleeping as footsteps sound around the room.

"Aw, Peter!" I hear my Mum's voice, whisper-shout. "Come here. Look at them,"

I hear more footsteps approach and then stop at the foot of the couch. God, my parents seeing this is beyond embarrassing. At least they like Allie, more than Nicole. At least she and Aiden have a think now. 

A camera clicks and I inwardly cringe, knowing my Mum is going to show this to everyone. I can guarantee that Grandma and Grandad will have it framed and hanging on their fridge by the end of the week.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, giving it a little shake. I pretend to open my eyes as if I'd just been woken up. My Mum stands above me with a grin on my face.

"Honey, does Allie's Mum know she's staying the night?" she whispers.

I shake my head in reply. "She's not staying the night. I was going to take her home later."

"Chris. It's almost midnight." My eyes widen in shock. I try to reach my phone without waking Allie.

I have so many missed calls and texts from Allie's Mum. I dial her number and listen to the tone as it rings. I pray that she answers but I also dread it because I don't want to get Allie in trouble.

"Hello?" I hear her Allie's Mum say through the phone.

"Hi, Mrs Grey. It's Chris,"

"Oh hi sweetie. What's up?"

"Oh, um," I'm shocked by the fact she doesn't ask where Allie is. "I just forgot to tell you that Allie is staying the night. She wasn't originally but we fell asleep and now it's really late,"

"Okay. That's fine. I'm actually at my brothers' house right now, so Michael and I are staying the night. Is it okay if you look after Allie until tomorrow night? He lives a bit far out of town and we were going to grab lunch tomorrow."

I grin. "Yeah that's okay. We'll just hang out,"

"Okay. Take good care of her Christopher."

"Yes ma'am. Good night,"

"Good night sweetie,"

The call ends and I do a little happy dance, knowing that Allie and I get to hang out tomorrow as well.

"Chris," Mum says, as she walks through the door. "Did you ring Allie's Mum?"

I nod. "She said it's fine and asked if Allie could hang out here tomorrow because she's at her brothers' house,"

Mum nods. "Okay. Well I think it's time for bed. You guys can just sleep there on the couch if you would like?"

"Yes please. That way I won't have to wake Allie,"

She plants a kiss on my head and smiles. "Good night,"

With that, I settle back down, Allies face, mere inches from mine. My eyes drift to her lips and I think about how much I would love to kiss her. Instead, I place a soft kiss on her forehead and close my eyes.

//