Chapter 4

I stare at Axel, who's fast asleep. It makes me smile a bit, to see the cool bad boy from school in such a vulnerable state.

I still hate him though. Yeah...I-I think s- Yes I do! Of course I do! I think, groaning. I'm just tired, that's all. It's already 4:08 am and I haven't slept a bit. I stayed up until the doctors brought him in and now I'm just waiting for him to wake up.

Yes, maybe I am worried but that he bullies me and Emily doesn't mean I should be happy he's here. This shouldn't have happened... Whatever it is that happened. I wish I knew it though. Maybe he can tell me once he's awake. As long as it isn't as bad as I think.

I sigh deeply and lean back against the chair, closing my eyes a bit and before I know, I fall asleep.

My eyes feel heavy and I groan before I finally open them. I yawn as I look around and notice where I am when I see Alex, who's looking at me with a small but weak smile.

"Hey, sleeping beauty, that took long," he jokes, but there's still a bit of fear to be found in his voice.

"Hey, you aren't the one who stayed up until 4 am," I reply, crossing my arms.

"True... But I wonder though, why?" He mumbles.

"I just wanted to know you're alright. Your wounds are pretty bad and... I'm just happy there's at least someone who sur-survived." I reply as my voice breaks. My eyes are already filled with tears and I want to cry, but I can't.

By now, the police is already investigating the whole place and especially the crime scene. They're since 3 am interrogating people who were nearby and they hope they'll find something. They'll interrogate me soon, they haven't done it yet because I was here, but now Axel is fine, they will come and get me...

What should I say? I don't know anything. Yet they will find out... But what? What have I done?

Without knowing, I started crying softly. Just a few tears run down my face as I grit my teeth.

Axel reaches towards me, but he flinches and groans soon while he lays his arm down again. "P-please don't cry. It'll be fine..." He mumbles, frowning.

"What will be fine?! What happened? Why were you afraid of me when you first saw me? W-what caused all this death?!" I cry before resting my face into my hands. "What have I to do with this?" I whisper, more to myself than to him.

"Do you really want to know? The more you know the more they'll find out and they can lock you up."

"Lock me up?" I frown deeply.

Lock me up. So it's this bad huh? Just what I thought... But why?

"Are you sure you want to-"

"Yes, just tell me." I interrupt him.

Axel sighs deeply and nods. Then there's a silence, I see he has to find the right words, a good way to tell me.