Chapter 1

*** *** *** *** *** ***

Chapter 1

Today was the first day of my last year at Twilight Academy. I got dressed after using the bathroom in the school uniform which consisted of a black skirt that stopped mid-thigh, a white shirt and a black sweater with the school emblem on it. I paired it off with knee-high white socks and black ballet flats. The only colour in the uniform was the gold tie and the thin, intricate patterns on the school emblem.

It was just an ordinary school uniform but I had no idea why they made us wear it. In a school full of vampires though, anything looks good. Yes I said vampires, as in creatures of the night. Who live on blood, and have fangs. Sunlight does affect us but as we grow older we begin to get used to it. The only thing that kills us is a stake through the heart, chopping of our heads and burning us alive. And yes, you people of little faith, we have a heart.

I was nervous for the first day back. The summer was quite boring for me as I no longer had a guardian or carer so I had nowhere to go for vacation. I stayed at the school with other kids that were lumped there.

I hated the first days of school. Even though I knew pretty much everyone, I still felt quite intimidated. It could be the fact that I was really shy which put people off and I blushed over anything.

I left the dorm room to go and pick up my schedule from the office. I said hi to a few people and gave them a small smile, otherwise I didn't say much. I hated making conversation, especially when everyone found out.

I made my way to the office which was on the ground floor. The whole school building had 9 floors. 4 for the males and 4 for the females. The ground floor consisted of the cafeteria, the office, the staff room, the janitors closet and of course the classrooms. Not all classrooms were in the building as there wasn't enough room for all of us. There was another building on campus which held all the little ones that had no family. The rich families could afford their own houses nearby and their own security.

I reached the office and was about to walk through the archway when a hard body plowed into me. I almost fell back on my ass when a hand grabbed me by the hips and the other landed on my thigh. My bare thigh. Electricity shot through my body and I accidentally squeaked in alarm. Fingers softly trailed up my thigh and I sighed in pleasure. The hand tightened on my thigh, bringing me out of my daydream. What the hell was that?

The man holding me abruptly pulled me upright and took a step back. I wanted to tell him to come back but stopped myself. I looked up the 6'2 of manly goodness and I think I just swooned. This guy was hot. His body was rock solid as I just had the immense pleasure of feeling it and his muscles showed through his shirt. His face was all sharp and angular and he had the brightest green eyes. They flashed at me with annoyance. I looked down at his shirt to see his crest. Oh shit! He was probably the new teacher. And I had just banged into him. And then stared at him like a crazy  obsessed fan-girl.

"I-I'm sorry Sir. I didn't mean to bump into you." I hated that I automatically apologised even though it wasn't entirely my fault. It was a stupid habit that I always took the blame.

"Next time, watch where you're going. You have eyes, so use them." Jerk. Hot jerk. His face was composed and held no emotion. What the hell was wrong with him? I so badly wanted to snap back at him but I held back. I would only get into more trouble later.

"I didn't expect to bump into someone. Sir." I said the last part sarcastically which he obviously took offense at at if the narrowing of his eyes was any clue.

"Watch your attitude little girl. And your manners. Didn't your parents tell you to respect your elders?" Little girl? What on earth?

"My parents died when I was a baby." I had the satisfaction to see him flinch. Maybe he would be a little nicer then. You know, sympathy and all that.