10 / unexpected movie choices

"WHAT ARE they watching?" Roman hissed to Verona from beneath his sweatshirt hood pulled up

   "I don't know." She hissed back, watching as Landon bought the tickets for Katrina, "I really hope they aren't watching Fifty Shades Darker." 

   "Yeah, if they're watching Fifty Shades Darker, I'm out." Roman replied. 

   Verona watched until Landon and Katrina were down with their tickets and headed toward the theater. 

   "How are we going to stalk their date if we don't know what movie they're watching?" Roman whispered as Landon and Katrina entered into the theater. 

   "Watch me." Verona made her way to the tickets counter. 

   "Hello." Verona smiled at the lady at the cashier, "I'd like two tickets for whatever movie the girl and the boy just bought." 

   The lady did not look amused, "That'll be sixteen dollars for two tickets for the Lego Batman Movie." 

   Roman gaped down at the woman, "They're watching the Lego Batman Movie?" 

   "I think I approve of this Landon." Verona told Roman as she fumbled in her purse for sixteen dollars. 

   "I think I want to marry this Landon." Roman replied, shaking his head in disbelief. 

    Verona gave him a dry look, "You're very straight, Roman." 

   "True. I think I want my sister to marry this Landon character." 

   "Don't steal Katrina's man." 

   "The Lego Batman Movie." Roman shook his head again, "Wow." 

   "Hurry, we're going to miss all the previews." Verona hissed, "I want to watch the Beauty and the Beast trailer." 

   "Do you want popcorn?" Roman asked, "I'll buy you popcorn." 

   "Nah." Verona shrugged, "You can buy me dinner, but I don't want popcorn." 

   "Ugh. What about a Slurpee then?" 

    "I call them Slushees, but I want a Coca-Cola one. We can share." 

   "Why the hell would they be called Slushees? They're called Slurpees." Roman sighed, "But fine, we can share a Slurpee." 

   "Okay, I'll go save us some seats." Verona said, handing Roman his ticket. 

    "Center and middle!" Roman called as Verona headed to save their seats, "I get dizzy when we sit too close." 

    "I'm well-aware of that!" Verona called back, "Considering you threw up when we watched The Force Awakens." 

   "Shut up about that." Roman pouted as she disappeared from sight. 

   Roman shrugged, heading to the concession stand. He hummed another La La Land song while buying a Slurpee/Slushee cup and filling it with Coca-Cola flavored Slurpee/Slushee. He personally liked the Pina Colada flavor the most, but he remembered that Verona only liked the Coca-Cola flavor. 

   Roman let out a soft string of curses as he spilled the Slurpee/Slushee unto his hand. He hated it when the machine didn't shoot out the drink straight. 

   Roman wiped his hand with a napkin, checking his phone to see a text from Emilia. 

Hey, are you doing anything today?

Roman paused, thinking of what to reply before typing out a text. 

stalking katrina's new date w verona

Oh okay! Have fun !!!! 

how come? 

Nothing, you have plans. Never mind haha

I can come by after if you want. 

No, it's fine! Have fun. 

seriously, is everything okay?

I'm fine. I'll see you Monday. Tell Verona I said hi! 

   Roman frowned, fighting the knot of worry at this. But he gathered his Slurpee/Slushee and headed to the theater, searching for Theater 3. 

   He wondered briefly if Emilia was okay. He didn't know how it was possible that he had not seen that part of her before, but he brushes it aside quickly. He's learned that it's easier not to delve into other's lives, and at this moment, all he wanted to do is laugh and watch a movie. 

   Verona waved Roman down as he entered the theater. He slide into the seat next to her, handing the Slurpee/Slushee for her to hold as he settles into his seat. 

   "What have they been doing?" Roman whispered, nodding to where Katrina and Landon were sitting. 

   "She's been laughing whenever he talks." Verona whispered back, "She never laughs that much." 

   "Actually, she never laugh that much when she's with you. Because you're not funny." 

   Verona whacked Roman's arm in mock anger, "You're not funny either." 

   "I'm at least funnier than you. And that's not very hard because you're as funny as a bloated fish." 

   "Bloated fish are hilarious." Verona replied with a furrowed brow. 

   "Proving my point exactly." Roman nodded, "No sense of humor." 

   Verona rolled her eyes, "Whatever. You suck." 

   "And swallow." Roman replied with a quirk of his lips. 

   "Gosh, you're so immature." 

   "And you're like a shriveled up grandmother. With a dead sense of humor." 

   "Shut up, and watch the movie. Or watch them." Verona gestured toward Katrina and Landon, "What do you think of the ship name?" 

   "We haven't determined if they're a worthy ship yet. We'll do the ship name later." 

   "I think Lantrina works." 

   "Shh." 

~~~