Chapter IV

Maxie was thrown roughly into the car beside another fighter, by the looks of it a small leopard with a spindly tail and matted fur.

She wore a black leather jacket and black skinny jeans, a black bandana tied around her eyes. She couldn't see anything but looked unconscious, and Maxie frowned, confused.

Maxie leaned towards the front, her bottom lifting off the seat but was forced back in by a figure, and a strong one. He wrapped a black bandana around her eyes as well and Maxie screamed, confused and dazed.

She lashed out with her paws, hearing a yowl and she smirked in satisfaction. Roughly, she kicked out and stamped, hoping to catch the paw.

Maxie did, and the officer yelled, "Felix? We got a rough one!" She wondered who Felix was, but her thoughts were cut off by a paw striking her head and she fell onto the car seat heavily, beside the leopard.

The paw pressed to her forehead and Maxie tried to lash out but failed, the same pair of paws began tying some sort of rope around her paws and she moved around uncomfortably.

The car drove at a fast pace, speeding through the streets of Zootopia and leaving others confused at what was happening, and why a large black car was ignoring the traffic lights.

A mixture of confusion and some form of anger began to stir inside Maxie as the car ran speedily; all she could feel was swiftness and all she could see was complete black. She moved herself back upright and shook her head, trying to stretch out her legs so she could kick the car door but her paw met flesh.

Another animal sat beside her and it quickly and roughly shoved Maxie further into the leopard, who squeaked in confusion. Maxie snarled, preparing to yell out when the animal's paw covered her mouth and she howled into the paw of what seemed like another dog.

As the car skidded to a stop, Maxie punched the animal but was further confused when the blindfold was taken off her and she was shoved out of the car, and was walking towards a grey building.

It wasn't tall and was rather dull-looking, with badly painted grey walls and a dark, cactus-green roof that was layered with the droppings of birds flying by.

Maxie thought it looked rather like an olden-day school, though she hadn't seen much about it because her parents died early on. She threw looks to whom were beside her.

Officers dressed in camouflage clothing were marching beside her, guns in paws and fixed expressions. All the same. 'What a boring place,' Maxie thought uncomfortably and was relieved to see more confused animals as she entered the building. At least she wasn't alone.

Behind her, a paw roughly shoved her and the others into the middle of the cold, dull-looking place and she collided muzzle-first with a mean looking beagle. The beagle had a severe scar stretching from the top of his head to the bottom of his cheek and it went across his right eye.

Maxie frowned, muttering a quick "sorry, mate" before stumbling around a little because her paws were still tied behind her back. She looked at the other animals that were with her, spotting her past two opponents along with a battered-looking raccoon, two dogs that seemed like twins, the same skinny leopard that was with her on the car, a tough-looking stag, and she failed to see any more because someone had landed a heavy blow against the side of her head.

Maxie fell back, screwing up her face and falling sideways onto the raccoon. "Stand up, scum," the voice was low and croaky and she looked up, squinting at a black panther with a pair of glowering yellow eyes. "Don't look around too much or we'll have to deal with you," he added, walking away.

The panther was dressed in the same camouflage uniform and he had lines of scars across his front paws and one that peeked slightly over his shirt. He wore a camouflage cap and on his badge was the name "Felix", so Maxie assumed this was the paw that punched her.

Twice.

Anger boiled inside her but she shoved it away as she noticed the large amount of threatening-eyed troops- all in the same uniform- gathered around the measly group of (from what Maxie saw) seven or eight or so.

She didn't feel like receiving another punch from "Felix" because damn, that panther punched hard. He was a tall and sturdy figure as well, and there seemed to be no joking from this officer.

All of Maxie's confusion was replaced with horror when Felix spoke again.

His voice drawled out every word slowly and in an agonising pace. "Alright, kiddos. Welcome to military training camp."

Written by katoonehbear
Illustrated by snowysnuggles