His Curse

Authors note: *IF YOU HAVEN'T READ MY OTHER STORY, "THE OTHER", THEN YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THIS.*

This little one-shot is just something I came up with because I'm having writer's block for the next chapter of "The Other"- I just don't know what to do, really, so I apologize, but there may not be another chapter up for "The Other" for a while. Again, I am very sorry.

But, while I'm wondering how I'm going to play my cards, I couldn't just leave you guys hanging. So I decided that I might as well write a/some short story(s) to give you guys something to read. So, yeah, enjoy!

P.S. I know the song doesn't necessarily relate to the story, but it's still a really good song, and I want to try to add more things like this.

...

"What happened to you?"

Reaper paused, before turning his head slightly, and there she was. Angela Zeigler, also known as Mercy, was standing behind him, so close she could reach out with her arm and touch him. She wore her famous Valkyrie suit, and her Caduceus staff was limply held in her right hand. Her eyes glistened with unshed tears, and he wished he could comfort her, wipe away the tears she was so forcefully holding back and that would surely come soon enough.

But he couldn't. Many things had changed since their time in Overwatch, and not for the better. Once known as the Blackwatch Commander Gabriel Reyes, he was now known as the ruthless mercenary Reaper, who's very calling sent a cold shiver down people's spines. Oh, how he had changed.

In that very moment, he let himself wonder the same question; what had happened to him? Even though he knew the answer to that, he couldn't help himself. So he let himself wander into his memories...

Starting the day Angela had joined Overwatch seemed to be where his mind wanted to start. When she had first come to Overwatch, she was incredibly friendly and caring to the other members, even to him, though they never usually worked together in missions directly, and he had been pretty intimidating back then.

Not long after her arrival, she became head of the medical department, and her medical expertise and discoveries helped many people across the world and within the organization.

She had been a very beautiful women back then, and even now. But that wasn't the only reason he had liked her so much. It was because she hadn't been intimidated by him, not even in the beginning, had always been willing to talk to him, and was just so likable; he could list off a million reasons why he had liked her. She had treated him like a true friend, not like a lot of the people who passed through her medical bay, as if he was important to her, as if he was actually someone. Those days before her arrival hadn't been the best, to put it mildly; his position had been given to his best friend, Jack Morrison, and he had instead been made commander of Blackwatch, a secret team of members that worked "in the shadows". He wasn't seen much by the rest of the members of Overwatch after that, and he had developed a dark scowl that was seemingly always on the features of his face. Even when he did interact with others, he didn't say much, and his voice had also developed a sort of growl. But when he had become friends with Angela, he became much happier, he was almost always smiling when with her, and he had never growled at her once in her presence.

Even though most of her time with Overwatch was pretty pleasant, Angela's moral code of peace over violence often put her at odds with different members of Overwatch. Whenever he and Angela had their daily meet-ups, she would often confide in him her worries and frustrations on this, even though he was probably the most immersed in this, him being Blackwatch Commander. But he always listened, like she would listen to him when he talked, and would comfort and reassure her when she needed it.