Told

Image is not mine.

I was sitting in the shade of a tree by the lake in Camp Half Blood. I was watching the campers having fun in the water. I closed my eyes. The distant sound of laughter and splashing was relaxing to me. How ironic.

My relaxation was ruined by none other than my boyfriend, Will Solace, son of Apollo.

"There you are," he sounded breathless. "I looked everywhere. Anyway, Chiron has something to tell you. He said it was something about your father being annoyed about something and wanting you to handle it," he informed me. I rolled my eyes. Of course the gods haven't gotten out of they're habits.

"I'm coming," I told him. We walked to the Big House hand in hand. We got a few hellos and a few admiring stares from some of the newer campers. At least the gods kept they're promise of claiming they're children. There are rarely any unclaimed kids stuck in the Hermes Cabin anymore. I guess they were afraid of a repeat of the second Titan war. Well they should be, I thought.

We walked into the Big House. Chiron was in his wheelchair by the ping pong table. He wore an all too familiar grim face. Will noticed too. I became worried. This might be more serious than I thought it would be. Chiron finally noticed us.

"Hello Nico, Will," he said. "Will, my boy, would you be kind enough to leave this conversation between Nico and I. These words are strictly only for Nico to hear," Chiron said. I became more worried.

"Of course, Chiron. Bye Death Breath," he said while kissing my cheek. I blushed.

"Bye," I murmured.

"Sit down, child," Chiron said once Will was out of hearing range. I sat down. "Your father wants you to deal with a problem."

"I know that much," I said.

"But this one, you must travel far into the future. A horrible thing happens in the future that involves your father's domain. The rest of the Olympians don't know yet, and your father wants to keep it that way. Obviously your father can't go himself because then questions would arise between the gods. So he wishes me to tell that he is extremely sorry." Chiron looked even more grim. This got me even more worried than I already was. Gods don't say sorry. That means whatever this is, it must be big.

"Chiron, you never told me what this horrible thing was that happened in the future," I asked him warily.

"The dead are living," he replied. I became confused. That isn't possible unless I raise the dead but that's entirely different. They're just skeletons. "That is all I am allowed to tell you. Your father will give you the details. Just do whatever it takes to survive, never let your guard down, make allies, and fear the living, not the dead. The time will come once you are able to come back here."

I nodded grimly and stood up. Chiron grabbed my arm.

"And if you die, not one soul will know of your death. Come back safely, child. You have a week's time before you must leave to go on your journey. Pack everything. Take more than one weapon. That is all. You may go now," Chiron said. He let go of my arm. I noticed that he looked older than when I walked into the room.

I walked out and was met by my concerned boyfriend.

"Is everything alright? What happened? Is it another quest? I swear if it is," he rambled off noticing my grim face.

"I would tell you, but I can't," I said. "I'm gonna be gone a while, and I don't know for how long, but what scares me most is that I might not come back." I couldn't bare to meet Will's eyes. He dragged me to a secluded area by the lake.

"You have to tell me," he demanded softly.

"I already told you, I can't," my voice cracked. Will pulled me into a tight hug. We stayed like that for about ten minutes.

"This is really serious then," he said, so soft that it was almost a whisper. I nodded into his chest. He pulled away and held both of my hands. "When will you be leaving?" he asked.

"In a week's time," I responded. He smiled sadly.

"Just know that if you do go, I will wait 'till the end of time for you. Just promise that you will come back. I don't care how long it takes, just come back. Pinky promise?" he said. I smiled sadly.

"Pinky promise."