I Still Hear You In This House. (Austin Carlile) *one shot*

-

*AUSTIN’S POV*

-

"Call me when you get here. I love you baby." I say as I wait for the sweet voice on the other end of the phone line to respond. "I love you too Austin. I’ll see you soon." 

Five years of my life dedicated to her. That’s all I’ve wanted. (Y/N) has become my entire life, besides the music. The fans love her, the guys love her, and I love her. 

She’s always saying that she wants to be at one of our shows. But not backstage like usual. She wants to be up front in the crowd, watching us from the fans’ point of view. That’s how we met. 

It’s been about an hour since she called me. She should get here soon. I can’t wait to see her. It’s been about 2 weeks. I guess that’s not really a long time but we’ve spent months on end without being apart already. I’ve grown to be so attached to her. 

Looking down at my phone I realize I had somehow just missed her call. Quickly redialing her number I rush off towards the front of the venue. Making my way through thousands of people, I finally find the main gates. 

"Where are you?" I ask her as she finally answers her phone. "Getting out of my car." she says as her laugh, so sweet and pure, sends shivers down my spine. 

"I’m waiting for you at the main gates, okay?" I assure her. She doesn’t like being alone. I should’ve went to find her car but it’s a little late for that now. 

Keeping an eye on all directions, I patiently wait for her as I prop myself up along the fence. “Austin!” I hear her small voice call from a distance. Squinting through the harsh sunlight, I look out over my sunglasses as I spot her running towards me. 

"Baby! I’ve missed you so much." Picking her up I spin her around in my arms. "How was the drive here? Are you okay? Are you sure you don’t want to be backstage?" 

"I’m fine, Austin." she says in a tired, drawn out voice. Something just didn’t seem right with her. Pushing my instincts aside, I grab her hand and walk side by side with her, talking to her for the next five minutes until we reach the stage my band will be playing. 

"Positive you want to stay out here?" I ask her one last time before having to get ready to perform. Smiling, she nods her head. "Yes, now go!" 

Doing so, I run off towards the back of the stage where I find the guys warming up. “We go on in 2!” I chant to them confidently. Listening to the crowd calling my name always made me happy. 

But why didn’t they just call the band as one? Why single me out when I’m not the only one who makes the music? That’s what I don’t understand. 

Following my bandmates on stage, my eyes search the screaming crowd until the spot their purpose standing right up front. I couldn’t help but stare at her. She’s just as beautiful as the first day I met her. She looked so happy, and that was all I could ever want. 

Screaming my own lyrics right back to me, she poured her heart out into every word because she knew the meaning put behind them. She mended my broken soul and made me one again. She was my life now, and I was completely okay with that. 

"I just want to take a minute to thank each and everyone of you! If it wasn’t for you guys, we wouldn’t be standing on this stage living out our dreams right now!" I yell out to the crowd earning cheers and smiles from everyone. 

"Just like the first time." (y/n) says to me as she meets me beside the stage. "I should probably head home. It’s getting kind of late and you know I don’t like driving after dark."