Chapter One

Chapter One: Shattered

It was just an ordinary day, like the other days. The way I describe my day is the way too, to describe myself. Ordinary. I'm just an ordinary girl. A simple college student nonetheless I'm a girl with dreams.

enough with my self.

Currently I'm walking while reading, heading to my favorite spot on this campus. I was so engross with the book, to the point that I've felt like I was in there. I was back in reality when, I bumped into someone. My book fell on the ground so it was necessary for me to pick it up. jeez 

I was about to apeshit about what just happened but I was stunned when I saw my boy best friend standing in front of me. Even though he is looking down and his soft midnight black hair is obstructing his face, I perfectly sure that it was him.

kahit pa nakatalikod ang mokong na ito. makikilala at makikilala ko pa rin siya.

"Huy" I poke his right shoulder para kasing wala sa sarili ang loko.

"HUY!" I said while poking him on his shoulder, again I tried catching his attention. This time I've made sure that my voice is more louder and clear.

"A penny for your thoughts?" I asked, this time his looking at me and I notice that he looked depress and lonely.

"Nandyan ka pala, Hermoine." He smiled but it didn't reached his eyes. 

ay? late reaction? kanina pa kaya ako dito. masama ang kutob ko kaya 'to nagkakaganito.

"Nako ha, Levi. wag mo nga akong dinadaan sa mga pangiti-ngiti mong yan. Lokohin mo lelang mo. C'mon. Spill the beans." I said, instead of recognizing his remark.

with that, he smiled. a sad one and his yes suddenly well up. He walked closer, before he lean his head into my left shoulder.

I stood frozen. I-I, d-didn't know what to say. I was used to the goofy, funny and enthusiastic Levi.

I caress his arm, Instead of saying comforting words. I just keep my silence because I know that he didn't want any advice. he just want someone who would listen to him. That's the best application on a situation like this.

"She broke up with me." He stated, loneliness is evident on his voice and It's so faint that I could barely hear it.

"Am I that boring to be with?" he asked, most likely to himself.

"Am I not enough?" 

"Hindi ba sapat lahat ng effort ko?"

"Hindi ba ako kamahal-mahal?"

he straighten his posture. he is now in front of me. he's staring at me, I felt like he is staring straight at my soul. 

his eyes are swelling with tears "SAAN AKO NAGKULANG? SABIHIN MO. BAKIT? BAKIT?!"  he shouted but failed because his voice cracked then he burst into tears.

AND I STOOD THERE COMPLETELY FROZEN, BLANKLY STARING  AT HIM. I WAS SPEECHLESS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY OR WHAT TO DO. SEEING HIM IN THIS STATE MADE MY HEART COMPLETELY SHATTERED.