"Pain is nothing compared to the loss of ones we love."

The day was long and harsh and Celaena already knew she would not enjoy this trip. Of course it wasn't about her, but considering she was risking all she had for the love of her life, perhaps a little comfort would be nice. She still had to find some ones life to trade for Sam's and how exactly does one go about doing that?
"Oh hello! I need to take your life to save the love of mine, so would you mind if I just killed you here and took it? Thanks so much!" She sarcastically said to herself. If only Sam hadn't gone on that mission, if only she had gone with him instead of packing! They should have moved when he suggested it the first time. Yet she was a stubborn ass and wanted to stay! For the first time in a while, Celaena broke down crying. He was her only weakness and she couldn't keep it in when she thought about him being gone forever. Tears poured out of her eyes and she sunk to the floor sobbing, sniffling and weeping. It seemed endless, like a waterfall of tears, never ending. She wiped away the tears and stood up so she could see where she was. The town was only a few miles away from where she was and the gold coins she had brought would buy her a night and some rations, but she had to be careful with it. Since she didn't have her mask, she couldn't go under Celaena Sardotheen. Part of being an assassins was the secret identify. Maybe Aerlin? Yes that would work. She strode into town and stopped at The White Pig for a room.

The owner stared at her thick red cloak and hooded face as she flipped the gold coin onto the counter. His eyes widen as he sees the shimmer, almost like a magpie.
¨ A room for one and a meal as well.¨ He snatched the coin quickly from the table and handed her a small silver key.
¨The best room for Lady.....?¨"He stopped, a curious look in his eyes, asking her name.
¨Aerlin.¨ The innkeeper smiled and pointed up the stairs to a door marked with the number 5.
¨Dinner will be ready at the strike of six, shall I have it sent up to your room, or would you like a table?¨ Celaena sighed, interaction with others, or solitude and alone?
¨I'll come down, corner table.¨ Her boots stomped up the stair and as soon as she unlocked the door she closed it and plopped on the small bed. Her hood came of swiftly and the cloak flew through the air, only to land on a chair in the corner. Oh how she ached from the walking and the heat and the pain of heartache. Her fingers fiddled with a chain beneath her shirt. The last thing she had of Sam, close to her heart where it belonged. The ring glimmered when light hit it and her fingers traced the words that were engraved into the cold metal. Forever and Always. She was very noisey and had found it within the first week of them moving in together. Perhaps if he had lived longer, he would have given it to her himself. She took it when she left for the trip, she needed something to keep her going when times got tough.  Sam wasn't very good at hiding things, but Celaena was good at finding things, and this little trinket she had found in a small box, in his upper drawer of the dresser.

DING DING DING DING DING DING. The clock chimed six, waking her from her dreams.  Celaena headed downstairs where she found her corner table waiting with a plate of bread, a bowl of broth and a cup of ale.  A fight had broken out between a man and a father. The whole thing wasn't the entertainment Celaena was used to but that didn't matter, it was all she was going to get for now. Her sapphire blue eyes followed the father as he threw his arm around his daughter, shielding her from the mans touch. The man threw a punch at the father and hit his mark.  Celaena knew what was going on and decided to have a little bit of fun with this. Her hands danced around  the tip of a dagger that was currently concealed in her black corset. It didn't even take a mere second for the dainty blade to find its target. The man sunk to the ground without a noise, and died wordlessly. Ugh, not nearly as entertaining as she hoped, Being an assassin had ruined the fun of killing people. Her eyes darted to the daughter, eyes wide as they could ever be, mouth hung open, astounded at what just happened. The father stood over the dead man looking for the cause of his sudden and timely end, finding the dagger and slowly pulling the blade from his chest. His eyes now darted around the room, looking for the murderer. The empty corner seemed a bit lonely, having its only occupant stand up and walk right up to the father, pluck the dagger from his hand and wipe the blood on her shirt sleeve, then walk up stairs and the slam of a door could be heard. The room was completely silent and no one dared disturb the hooded girl once more.